TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: It's Google PageRank update season again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:It’s confirmed, Google just launched a new PageRank update. We’ve been expecting one in January and now virtually everyone is excited about their improvements or fretting their losses.

There are many misconceptions about PageRank updates, so here’s the skinny on the updates:

3. You won’t see an instant lift/drop in traffic as a result of your new PageRank score. When this update came out I had clients thinking maybe we’ll see a lift in traffic. Nope. Not happening, not as the result of this data. Remember, it’s not really new data. This means you’ve already been reaping the rewards of this new lift, or already suffering from your PR drops...

full article: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/?p=4246

check your PageRank here (type your domain as www.tuliptools.com)
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.php?action=static&staticpage=6
yes my website page rank dropped one point, but my serps have been really good, lots of page one listings for google searches.

And my traffic is really doing good, so I am not worried about losing the one point in pagerank
Quote:And my traffic is really doing good, so I am not worried about losing the one point in pagerank

Thumbsup

Gee, I wonder if a page rank of "0" is a good thing? Icon_scratch

Toothy2
Mine appears to have dropped 1-2 points - it used to be a solid 4 and now its a mix of 2's and 3's. 
Quote:Gee, I wonder if a page rank of "0" is a good thing?

All new domains start at 0.  It could take a few PR update cycles for the domain to receive a PageRank. 

Quote:Mine appears to have dropped 1-2 points - it used to be a solid 4 and now its a mix of 2's and 3's.

Did you check the PR for www.domain.com or domain.com? 
Quote:Did you check the PR for www.domain.com or domain.com? 

The 2 often have different PR rankings.  Smile

I've had a few sites with PR changes but most show no change:
0 to 4 Smile
0 to 5 Smile
4 ot 6 Smile
4 to 5 Smile
4 to 5 Smile
5 to 4  Crybaby2

*copy and paste of usual PR statement*
A higher PR doesn't necessarily mean that a site is getting more traffic than one with a lower PR.  Our PR 6 site gets 1/10 the traffic that TT (PR 4) receives. (As Kirk said) SERPs are more important than PR.
*end usual PR statement*

Quote:Did you check the PR for www.domain.com or domain.com? 

I don't recall - I'll go rerun it both ways and see..