TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: having a dilemma :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
tulip tools says they install carts for free, so hopefully they will help you get it configured right.

I only deal in setting cre loaded oscommerce, now if you decide, I'll install that for you for free too, and make sure that everything is working.

The only thing I do not offer for free is customization, making the site loook unique.

I have a demo site set up, i'll pm you it if needed.

But first I would wait for tulip tools, they should be able to help you get the shipping module working, unless their is a bug in it.
[quote author=WebGraphicsSource link=topic=6627.msg40266#msg40266 date=1168659680]tulip tools says they install carts for free, so hopefully they will help you get it configured right.
[/quote]

I thought that was al they had to do was install it, didn't realize they could continue to help me.  I mean, I hoped, but you never know.  Maybe there is hope for me!

[quote author=WebGraphicsSource link=topic=6627.msg40266#msg40266 date=1168659680]
But first I would wait for tulip tools, they should be able to help you get the shipping module working, unless their is a bug in it.[/quote]

That's something else I'm wondering, is this particular cart does seem to be buggy, not that I have anything to base it on.  Plus, the virtumart forums are dead, so I'm kinda stuck with the bugs, as they are unless I know about them, and in that case, regic already fixed one for me. and thanks again regic! 

So I thought maybe the other carts are more solid and have been around longer, more stable?
Quote:  I was going to use a simple USPS based but it appears you have to have a login, and I have no idea where to do that at

You can register for an account here:

http://www.usps.com/webtools/

There are 2 ways to offer USPS in Virtuemart (the one above with realtime rates based on exact weight that requires a usps account) or the zones method where you set your own values in the table (go to shipping>create shipper add usps as a shipper and then setup shipping rates shipping>create a shipping rate)
[quote author=regic link=topic=6627.msg40268#msg40268 date=1168661114]
You can register for an account here:
http://www.usps.com/webtools/

There are 2 ways to offer USPS in Virtuemart (the one above with realtime rates based on exact weight that requires a usps account) or the zones method where you set your own values in the table (go to shipping>create shipper add usps as a shipper and then setup shipping rates shipping>create a shipping rate)
[/quote]

regic to the rescue again!  Question about the second option as that sounds like what I would prefer to use.  I read somewhere that the shipping module had to be configured either way.  Is that not true or did I miss a step that goes with the second option regarding the shipping module?
Quote:Question about the second option as that sounds like what I would prefer to use.  I read somewhere that the shipping module had to be configured either way.
To use the second option, make the USPS shipping module inactive and activate the Standard Shipping module (you could also use either the Flex or Zones or Shipvalue  modules instead of the USPS module)
fyi setting up the usps webtools api can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, but it does offer realtime pricing for shipping.
[quote author=WebGraphicsSource link=topic=6627.msg40271#msg40271 date=1168662961]
fyi setting up the usps webtools api can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, but it does offer realtime pricing for shipping.

[/quote]

I just finished setting up my eCrater shipping matrix which I'm assuming will be very similar to the second option regic explained to me, and with my products, that will be perfect so I am not going to be using the USPS webtools.

And, thanks regic - I *think* I'm getting somewhere now.  Don't have anything set up but at least I know what to do.  Found a virtuemart manual too (gee it was under help - imagine that) but too bad the last time it was updated was '05!  I'll keep plugging along.  Thanks!
Pages: 1 2