TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Overstock Axes O-Gallery, O-Tracker & Most Popular Gallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Update: O-Gallery, O-Tracker & Most Popular Gallery 
The features on Overstock.com Auctions that have been hosted by Sellathon (recently purchased by Auctiva) will no longer be available. O-Tracker, O-Gallery, and the Most Popular Gallery will no longer appear throughout the site. We found that these features were not utilized, nor as effective as we had expected. We hope you understand these changes.

The Overstock.com Auctions Staff

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/vie...hp?t=16392

Overstock 
36,018 listings

down from 340,000 in early December :Smile
Mandy Wrote:Overstock       
36,018 listings

down from 340,000 in early December :Smile 

Dazed012
June 2007 headline: Overstock eliminates auctions
You're more optimistic about their prospects than I am if you give them to June.  Laughing7

EDIT: 32,677 today
Auctionbytes has an article on the elimination of O-Tracker:

Quote:Overstock.com Auctions told its sellers on Thursday it had eliminated O-Tracker, O-Gallery, and the Most Popular Gallery, giving them no advance notice. Overstock.com Auctions Director Meghan Tuohig told AuctionBytes, "The features weren't as effective as we hoped they would be. We want to dedicate the resources in a more effective way."

As for the timing of the announcement, she said the features were just for "look and feel." "We are constantly making changes to the functionality and appearance to the site with no advance notice." Tuohig said only a small fraction of users logged in to use O-Tracker. Sellers on a thread on the Overstock discussion board seemed most concerned about the loss of the counter feature of O-Tracker (http://digbig.com/4qrcr). "We do plan to bring back a counter," Tuohig said...

full article: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y07/m01/i12/s01
Quote:sellers will no longer be able to view how much traffic is coming to their listings.

Yeah--I consider traffic tracking and stats to be "just part of the "look and feel," too."

NOT.

They really did kill the auctions. And quickly, too.
They killed them very quickly and the listing count keeps dropping. 30,171 items today.

Our original plans were to start the year with 2,500 items on O...instead we started with 0. :Smile

EDIT to add:

Quote:she said the features were just for "look and feel."

What a clueless Boinktard
[quote author=amy link=topic=6628.msg40382#msg40382 date=1168808384]
You're more optimistic about their prospects than I am if you give them to June.  Laughing7

EDIT: 32,677 today
[/quote]

edit-last month Patrick said 95% of the listings were subscription plan:

my prediction: listings will fall to 17,000 (340,000 -95%= 17,000 listings)
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=6628.msg40640#msg40640 date=1169091840]

edit-last month Patrick said 95% of the listings were subscription plan:

my prediction: listings will fall to 17,000 (340,000 -95%= 17,000 listings)

[/quote]

I don't think Overstock thought subscribers would pull all of their listings. They thought wrong.  Tongue
Pages: 1 2