TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Complaints About the Site Are Now Personal Issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[quote author=Nat link=topic=674.msg2668#msg2668 date=1128729074]
[quote author=Michelle link=topic=674.msg2664#msg2664 date=1128728500]
I think they're desperately seeking the elusive silver-lined aution site. They seem to think it will be BC. JMHO, I don't think the site will ever work; hasn't since the beginning.[/quote]

They can dream on.  I don't think so either.  Why do I think that? How long have they been around? If they were mean to be the next "elusive silver-lined aution site" it would have happened by now, especially since how long have they been around?   Let's see, Whois says the bidchaser.com domain was created in 05-SEP-02.  What have they accomplished in the past 3 years? If they were meant to be that silver lining, it would take time but not 3 years.  Since they accomplished SQUAT in the past years, except the reputation of being huge spammers, I say DREAM ON BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

According to Alexa and the Way back they started Oct 2, 2002 with 2 pages http://web.archive.org/web/*/bidchaser.com.

For a while they were doing some things that were putting them right on B-A's tail in alexa ratings. And I thought we were really getting some competition from them, but while in recent weeks, with the London Bombings, Katrina, Rita, the NY Subway scare and Pakistani earthquake, that have affected B-A's alexa, it has really hurt BC's   54,889 (dn 22,611). They were actually a few point ahead of B-A for a while. 

BC never did have a strong LPC, nearly 18,000 with google/hotbot not reporting. (taken just before posting.) I think this is the highest I have seen it for them.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=bidchaser.com
click on the 2 year graph...
Is their alexa graph, the flutter in the beginning is where Leo said they started and did some marketing tests. the tests didn't pan out like they wanted or expected, so they put it on a back burner till a better time. I believe Leo stated this in a greedbay issue after I said he was using hype advertising.  About the time ebay announced the rate hike and everyone wanted to abandon ebay ... and who are now all back at ebay.

I think with a $1 million advertising budget that Leo said they had, it could hve been better spent.
They can pull this out... but they are going to have to get the site working first. I thought they were programmers??? Best of luck to them too!!!

Quote: it has really hurt BC's  54,889

which for reference purposes is lower than this forum's 51,323 Alexa ranking...and we're not exactly buzzing with traffic.  Smile

The one thing I have noticed from BC's Alexa stats is that 67% of the traffic is going to auctions and only 30% to stores.  Almost 90% of the items listed on BC are in the very low traffic stores which probably explains the complaints of no sales--you need eyeballs.

Quote:I think with a $1 million advertising budget that Leo said they had, it could hve been better spent

I think their TV ad campaign plans were put on hold due to the severe glitches.  The only advertising I ever noticed from them was their mass mailing campaigns and their forum hype sales pitches they did all over OAI forums back in February/March.

Quote:... but they are going to have to get the site working first

Yep, and now they have the added task of  trying to to win back the hearts of the sellers they've alienated over the past few months.  Carnaby never did overcome its "glitchiness"...

Well, they can do it. After all, all the Greedbayers who wanted to get away from ebay during the price hikes turned tail and went right back. Bidvillers have remained loyal and that is the most fraud ridden site I have seen with absolutely no customer service what so ever. At least at ebay you get a live operator to tell you ''So what? We apologize, what do you want us to do about it?" A few BV'ers have even signed up at B-A. But people seem to get into the "battered wife" syndrome because they are afraid to "start over" again. So they keep taking the abuse. But BC can do it if there are enough loyals. The really bad part is... Hype ads like Ray of Wagglepop and Bidchaser and others hurt everyone. Oh well, their karma. I truely wish them luck. There is enough business to go around.

taken at time of posting:
Today 1 wk. Avg. 3 mos. Avg. 3 mos. Change
39,300          79,306          54,889          dn 22,036

Where do people go on bidchaser.com?  (what's this)

bidchaser.com - 67%
stores.bidchaser.com - 30%
audioband.bidchaser.com - 1%
deborahray.bidchaser.com - 1%
info.bidchaser.com - 1%
gem.bidchaser.com - 1%

Reach per million users:

20        12.5              14.5          up 12%

Page Views per user:

8.8          6.1            9.5          dn 74%
Quote:Bidvillers have remained loyal and that is the most fraud ridden site I have seen with absolutely no customer service what so ever

BidMonkey is the most fraud ridden site I've seen.  The Nigerian scammer problem on the site is out of control.  The sharp drop in their Alexa rankings over the past few months is almost entirely due to the fraud situation .

Quote:The really bad part is... Hype ads like Ray of Wagglepop and Bidchaser and others hurt everyone.

Not everyone is hurt. Slick talking BSing forum salesmen like Ray Wagglepop and Jay LunarBid (and Troy Gegy before them)  help eBay more than any ad campaign ever could.  The majority of sellers who were taken in by them all ended up back at eBay convinced that what they had experienced (no sales, unstable sites/ownerships) was all that existed off eBay. :Smile

Quote:I think their TV ad campaign plans were put on hold due to the severe glitches.

Some people actually saw the ad on cable channels. So it did run despite a handful of sellers suggesting that they (BC) hold off until the site's glitches were fixed. So if buyers went to the site as a result of the ad campaign they were met with buying problems.

Quote:The one thing I have noticed from BC's Alexa stats is that 67% of the traffic is going to auctions and only 30% to stores.  Almost 90% of the items listed on BC are in the very low traffic stores which probably explains the complaints of no sales--you need eyeballs.

There were too many problems with auction listings so sellers dumped their stuff in stores.
Pages: 1 2