TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Contact eBay Member Email Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***Contact eBay Member Email Changes*** 

October 04, 2005 | 02:18PM PST/PT

As you know, an important part of staying safe on eBay is knowing who your trading partners are. We think this is also true when you are choosing whether to respond to emails sent to you through Contact eBay Member.

In the next few weeks, we’ll be adding more information about the sender to Contact eBay Member emails. Soon when someone sends you a message through Contact eBay Member, we’ll show you their publicly-available information, including their Feedback score, date of registration, general location, and whether or not you’ve transacted with this person.

This additional information will help you decide whether or not you feel safe replying to the email. If you are concerned about the contents of a Contact eBay Member email, or if the email contains an offer to buy or sell outside of eBay, do not reply to the sender.
Quote: and whether or not you’ve transacted with this person.

That's interesting showing if we dealt with them before or not. 

This is a feeble attempt at warming us up to the removal of all outside communications.  Make it nice and cozy, dress it up as helpful and kind and then before you know it, total control will be assumed....
Thank you sir, may I have another?  Smileydrinksomemore
if the email contains an offer to buy or sell outside of eBay, do not reply to the sender.

THAT is the bottom line.
Quote:***Updated: Contact eBay Member Email Changes*** 

December 12, 2005 | 10:05AM PST/PT

As you know, an important part of staying safe on eBay is knowing who your trading partners are. We think this is also true when you are choosing whether to respond to emails sent to you through Contact eBay Member.

In early October we started including publicly-available information about the sender, such as their Feedback score and date of registration, on Contact eBay Member emails. This information appears near the top of the email, and is designed to help you decide whether or not to reply.

In the next week, we’re going to expand this to include additional transaction history information between you and the sender. For example, you will see messages such as “I am bidding on 3 of their items”, and/or “We have traded 10 items” when these situations apply.

As always, if you are concerned about the contents of a Contact eBay Member email, or if the email contains an offer to buy or sell outside of eBay, do not reply to the senderPuke
As you know, an important part of staying safe on eBay is knowing who your trading partners are.

I would feel more safe on eBay if eBay VERIFIED their members!
I JUST "verified"  MY member.

YEP........
Laughing4
It's still there.
I just don't let ebay stroke IT that much any more.
:Smile
Be careful that you don't go blind!
I got a contact from a guy in Lagos, Nigeria who wants to send me a cashiers check. He says he has a member.