TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The move to the new server is complete.  Tongue 

If you're reading this message you're on the new server.  If you're staring at a maintenance screen then the DNS change hasn't propagated to your ISP yet.  Laughing7

For the Geeks in the room:
old TT server: Pentium 4HT 3.0 Ghz, 1 mb ram, 32-bit SuSe Linux
new TT server: Core2 Duo, 2 mb ram, 64-bit Red Hat Fedora Linux

PS spellcheck has been added

Seamless and smooth from my point of view... Great work TT!

Icon_thumleft

P.S. - We don't need no stinking swellchech!

Big Grin
The spell check is stupid! See for yourself. Type blog and use spell check.  Laughing4
Quote:blog

Suggestions:

bog
log
bloc
biog
bldg
blow
blob
blot
clog
flog
slog
Belg
Bligh
belong
Bloch
We changed servers again last night and you tulipheads slept through it. :imptongue:

If you encounter any database errors let us know - we upgraded from MySQL 4.1 to 5.0 and had to rewrite our 'recent topics' hack on the front page this morning because the old one wasn't compatible with 5.0..  I haven't noticed any other problems yet, but...

EDIT:

This still applies:

Quote:If you're reading this message you're on the new server.  If you're staring at a maintenance screen then the DNS change hasn't propagated to your ISP yet.

Laughing7
Quote:If you encounter any database errors let us know - we upgraded from MySQL 4.1 to 5.0 and had to rewrite our 'recent topics' hack on the front page this morning because the old one wasn't compatible with 5.0..  I haven't noticed any other problems yet, but...

Why does SMF show recent posts instead of topics anyways?  Were the developers on crack when they decided to go with recent posts?  Violent1
It loads faster.............. Smile
Quote:Why does SMF show recent posts instead of topics anyways?  Were the developers on crack when they decided to go with recent posts?

The ecommerce equivalent of 'recent posts' would be if you put 20 identical products on your home page.

[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=6704.msg65749#msg65749 date=1192980912]
It loads faster.............. Smile
[/quote]

eaccelerator
Quote:If you encounter any database errors let us know - we upgraded from MySQL 4.1 to 5.0 and had to rewrite our 'recent topics' hack on the front page this morning because the old one wasn't compatible with 5.0..

The version of the custom profile fields mod (company name, interests, zodiac sign, etc) we were using was incompatible with MySQL 5.0 and was preventing users from registering.  We temporarily disabled the mod so you'll notice fewer fields on your profile.  Registration is now working however.
Quote:We temporarily disabled the mod so you'll notice fewer fields on your profile.

I'm no longer a pisces...... Laughing7

And those fields were soooo necessary. Icon_albino
Pages: 1 2