TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: What really pisses online shoppers off...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Gripe #1: I have to do too much work to find out how much shipping will cost...
Gripe #2: I can’t find your #&@& phone number...
Gripe #3: Don't make me log in just to place an order...
Gripe #4: How do I get back to shopping?...
Gripe #5: Spam...

full article: http://multichannelmerchant.com/webchann..._01232007/
Quote:Gripe #1: I have to do too much work to find out how much shipping will cost.

This is one of my pet peeves.  Tongue2  Because I hate being surprised by outrageous shipping rates, I always look for the shipping info before i put anything in to my cart. If I can't find it, I won't order. Shipping rates, IMO, should be published on the site and easy to locate (don't make me work for it or I will just leave)! :turkey2:
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=6821.msg41254#msg41254 date=1169751268]
Quote:Gripe #1: I have to do too much work to find out how much shipping will cost.

This is one of my pet peeves.  Tongue2  Because I hate being surprised by outrageous shipping rates, I always look for the shipping info before i put anything in to my cart. If I can't find it, I won't order. Shipping rates, IMO, should be published on the site and easy to locate (don't make me work for it or I will just leave)! :turkey2:
[/quote]

I agree 100%, also when the site requires you fill out 4 pages, including CC# and then you get to find out the shipping after the fact. That has caused me more than once to abandon the cart, and the site. All of the reasons cited above directly impact my decision as a buyer on any site I look at.

Quote:"Don't surprise me with your huge shipping charge ($15 on a $9 CD) after I've spent an eternity filling in contact info, etc."
Our shipping calculators are in the shopping cart so buyers can see the total before they checkout/fill in any contact info

EDIT: the amount shown in our shopping carts is the maximum possible total because quantity discounts and coupons aren't applied until during checkout.
[quote author=amy link=topic=6821.msg41301#msg41301 date=1169781938]
Quote:"Don't surprise me with your huge shipping charge ($15 on a $9 CD) after I've spent an eternity filling in contact info, etc."
Our shipping calculators are in the shopping cart so buyers can see the total before they checkout/fill in any contact info

EDIT: the amount shown in our shopping carts is the maximum possible total because quantity discounts and coupons aren't applied until during checkout.
[/quote]

Amy I would shop on your site anytime.
I have no idea what you sell, but I bet your site is awesome.
Thumbsup
Quote:Gripe #2: I can’t find your #&@& phone number...
Sorry, I do not like junk phone calls, and sometimes I do not want to think about business.  Big Grin
Quote:Gripe #3: Don't make me log in just to place an order...
How the heck do you expect me to have your address???

BTW - I give S & H ($2. for USA) twice on the front page. Maybe I should make it 3?
Quote:Sorry, I do not like junk phone calls, and sometimes I do not want to think about business

Same here. In fact, I hate the phone. Tongue3

Quote:BTW - I give S & H ($2. for USA) twice on the front page. Maybe I should make it 3?

Laughing7

I also hate this.  Unfortunately I think my site is set up (if I remember correctly from my test orders) to not show your shipping until your all situated to check out, basically before you hit pay I think. Sad

How can I fix this?  I use the USPS Shipping Module?  Should I have a chart that displays shipping and then make sure the weight is listed in my descriptions?

www.randasresale.com - cre loaded/oscommerce site
I just checked.  Your cart is the same as ours:  there is a shipping calculator on the shopping cart page so the customer doesn't have to enter any info to see shipping.

You could add a note to your site that says something like "add item to shopping cart to see shipping charges to your zip code"
[quote author=amy link=topic=6821.msg42037#msg42037 date=1170371412]
I just checked.  Your cart is the same as ours:  there is a shipping calculator on the shopping cart page so the customer doesn't have to enter any info to see shipping.

You could add a note to your site that says something like "add item to shopping cart to see shipping charges to your zip code"
[/quote]

Great!  Thanks for the tip!  Will do!