TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: O-Auctions turns 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Today marks the official anniversary of Overstock.com Auctions™
(NASDAQ: OSTK), http://auctions.overstock.com, which has driven nearly $30 million in gross merchandise volume, more than eleven million unique listings and well over half a million registered users in its first year of operation.

“We are thrilled with our progress to date. We have had 40 times the listings and 16 times the users that eBay had at this age,” said Holly MacDonald-Korth, senior vice president at Overstock.com. “These numbers, coupled with the new features we have brought to
market like extended auctions and the Trusted Merchant Program™, have laid the foundation for a high-growth auction marketplace and helped establish us as a serious competitor.”

Fast facts about Overstock.com Auctions’ first year in business:
* Number of registered users: 660,000
* Number of unique items listed: 11.6 million
* Fastest increase in listings: surged from 50,000 to 121,000 in February when eBay raised its fees and Overstock lowered its fees
* Highest number of bids on a single item: 403 on a 40GB iPod
* Greatest number of winning bids by one user: 3,246
* Final bid for two VIP tickets to JLO boutique opening on 9/22: $6,936
* Other high-profile/celebrity auctions: a rare, 23-carat natural yellow diamond; the 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster won by “The Apprentice” Bill Rancic; classic rock star memorabilia donated for Earth Day; and NASCAR memorabilia donated for Hurricane Katrina relief efforts.

complete info and full press release from Holly MacDonald-Korth, VP Auctions, Overstock blog: http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/holly.php
I don't see a sell through rate listed in the press release.  Dazed008

On another Overstock note, I just had a buyer win an auction who has a feedback rating of -4 (all for non payment). What are the odds that I will be the one lucky seller he actually decides to pay?  ...probably about the same as the odds of Overstock adding a blocked bidder list this decade.  :twistedevil: