TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 10 Signs of a Lazy Web Designer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Through my years of browsing websites and coding them I have seen many things in common between them -- both the good and the bad. So as something that others may feel they are on common ground with, I present 10 tell-tale signs of a lazy webmaster/web designer (and I must admit, I've even fallen susceptible to some of these). Note that these aren't in any particular order, but define a lazy coder.

1. Free templates...
2. Using web scripts / software without making changes...
3. Designing without CSS...

full article: http://forum.programming-designs.com/vie...php?id=870
Quote:3. Designing without CSS
As many people have transitioned to the use of CSS, many have also failed to make the shift; whether it be from lack of knowledge or laziness - there is still no reason not to make the move. CSS not only improves page loading speed, but ultimately saves precious time and better organizes a website.

I hate CSS! Tongue2  But, you can do much more with CSS than you can with HTML/XHTML. So I am using it. Tongue2 Tongue2   

It is also more predictable and less sloppy, IMO.

Quote:7. Broken links
Sure there are times when this problem is unavoidable, but as a general rule of thumb, broken links are bad, very bad. Broken links drives people away from a website and is a very frowned upon mistake. There are many tools out there where you can scan your site for broken links -- use them.

What tools? Online tools? I can check for them in Dreamweaver, etc., but I can't edit Xcart in those editors, so I would need to use an online tool----I think. Tard

Btw, good article, Mandy! Thumbsup

Edit:

Quote:10. Site is browser/resolution dependent
When a coder designs a website and it only works in a *specific* web browser or cannot be viewed effectively without a certain resolution, it just shows they don't give a damn. Sure some may not have taken thought to checking out their site in their non-favorite web browser, but I've seen websites TELLING me I should change my resolution to view their website. Screw their website!

Laughing4
The #1 sign of laziness is hiring a web designer.  8)