TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Mystery Shopping Study: Rich Media, Coupons, Themed Merchandising are Hits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: Rich media, coupons and themed merchandising areas lead a broad range of customer-focused improvements on retail web sites, research and consulting firm The E-Tailing Group Inc. says in its 9th Annual Mystery Shopping Study.

“The state of merchandising online is all about the customer,” says Lauren Freedman, president of the E-Tailing Group, Chicago. “With the customer in control of the shopping experience, merchant initiatives are focused on control, convenience, creativity, convergence, and community. From the shopper’s perspective, the issues are making it easy and saving time while merchants strive to meet their customers` demands and make a profit.” ...

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=21358
Quote:The study is based on a survey of 100 retail web sites during the fourth quarter of 2006. Among rich media features showing the largest increases in usage were online audio files, found on 41% of sites, up from 15% in Q4 2005; streaming video, found on 38% of sites, up from 20%; color change, 46%, up from 34%; and alternate views, 57%, up from 45%.

I have been considering audio on my site. Classical music or Jazz.

Personally, I hate audio when shopping online;however, most retail sites using audio currently appear to be placing a 'mute' button in a very visible location.

Any opinions on the audio? I think it helps to set the mood for the site.

Quote:Online retailers are offering site search-and-sort options in place of an advanced site search feature, which declined to 17% of sites, down from 23% a year ago and 27% two years ago.

What are the differences between the two types of search? Icon_scratch

Quote:Any opinions on the audio? I think it helps to set the mood for the site.

I hate clicking to a website and being blasted by music.  Violent1