TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Well I finally did it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:Seems like I read that API is for those using their own back end data (shopping cart and such),
so I guess using Mal's carts and Secure Server would translate as if I was doing the same thing on my own secure server.

It would be the same thing. 

It looks like LinkPoint Connect also works but you have to register your cart URL with LinkPoint

Quote:This is Linkpoint Connect and you need to register with them the refering URL which will be:

[ww]

where ww#.aitsafe.com is the hostname you use in your Buy Now links to the cart. Personally, I would be using Linkpoint API if it was me...

Mal

Edited to add:  Ther person Mal told to register the referring URL to make it work was receiving the same error you are:

Quote:I have this site setup where I went into the shopping cart.

Clicked Cart Setup
Payment Gateway Setup
Linkpoint

Entered the Linkpoint issued 6 digit file number:

Payment Mode selected is FullPay

Now when a credit card is trying to go thru it gives this error message

Form Processing Error

The following errors occurred while processing your request:
# It is not possible to order from the store at this time.
# Contact the merchant for further information (error 1002).

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what to do to fix it.. My client is loosing sales today from this.

Thanks
Did you get it to work?
Sorry this got buried. Yes I got it working great.
Thanks gays and girls.  Wave

Getting sales too.  Lol
Some are for multiple items and ranging in some decent $$$ figures.
I'm not a bit worried about the transactions either.
Like with PP, I always got / get worried over larger $$$ purchases.

So far all transactions at LP are coming through YYY.
I like that. I still have a few questions and honestly the functionality of LP's Customization
is pretty primitive.
I’d like to see them allow us to upload a logo to the SS side and take out their brown header as well. But I can see where that could be a security risk I guess.

If this is possible, someone please PM me and tell me how. I can find it anywere.
Other than just tweaking what my customers see. I'm pretty happy at the moment.

It looks like the only choice with LinkPoint Connect is between using their graphic or using text.
Yes Amy I was afraid of that. You can put a logo using a hotlink but if you want to do it right the logo needs to be "hotlinked" from a secure server too.
Otherwise you get those nasty little pop ups telling customers "There is secure and unsecured info on the page. Do you want to continue?"

Me thinks that could scare off a few payers.

The solution is to have a hot link that comes from a secure site like https://myhotlink/logo.jpg
[quote author=xppman link=topic=716.msg3611#msg3611 date=1129953640]
Yes Amy I was afraid of that. You can put a logo using a hotlink but if you want to do it right the logo needs to be "hotlinked" from a secure server too.
Otherwise you get those nasty little pop ups telling customers "There is secure and unsecured info on the page. Do you want to continue?"

Me thinks that could scare off a few payers.
[/quote]

Yep, the logo would need to be on the Linkpoint server in a secure directory to avoid that with Linkpoint Connect.  The main advantage of Linkpoint API over Connect is that the buyers don't have to go to the Linkpoint server to complete the sale and so you have complete control over all the payment pages they see (but you still have to make sure that all graphics that appear on your secure pages are in a secure directory).
Pages: 1 2 3