TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay "Dead Dog Slow"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Xpp, I was thanking you for providing the info.  Smile 

BBH you are tooooo funny!  I have cable and speed around the net quite quickly.  It is only eBay that gave me trouble.  Once I blocked everything in the list - NO PROBLEMS anymore!

Stardust,
I don't understand what you have to customize.  ??  I am not doing anything different with the URLs blocked then I did before. 
[quote author=amy link=topic=718.msg2657#msg2657 date=1128726287]
Percentage of buyers who are willing to go through that list ?
[/quote]

Maybe when I retire I'll have time to do all that  Laughing4
Quote:Xpp, I was thanking you for providing the info.
I was just playing Anita. You are the best. Thumbsup

Well folks now you know why sooo many went bye bye.
The dial uppers just don't have time to wait for the pages to load
and they don’t know about the fixes needed to surf feebay at a
pace faster than molasses. Happy001

Hence very few bidders or bidding wars like the good old days.
Folks just don't have the patience and feebay obviously has no clue.  Laughing4
Quote:Stardust,
I don't understand what you have to customize.  ??  I am not doing anything different with the URLs blocked then I did before.

It's been quite a while, but I think it was my 'search' options that I wanted to put in place on ebay, and, of course, 'keep' those options forever with cookies placed.  Without all the 'double-click', etc., cookies, I think everything always just goes back to ebay's default, which I just can't abide on competition-spying searches.  Like, I want 200 results per page, not just 25!  And I want to see the sort columns *I* want to see, not what ebay thinks is important.  Like I said, it's been a long while, and maybe none of the above is even pertinent, now.... Smileyyellowbang
Quote:The dial uppers just don't have time to wait for the pages to load
and they don’t know about the fixes needed to surf feebay at a
pace faster than molasses

I know a few people who no longer use eBay due to those reasons.

Quote:Hence very few bidders or bidding wars like the good old days.

I blame this one on the growth rate of sellers/# of items listed far exceeding the growth rate of new buyers over the past few years.

Quote: I blame this one on the growth rate of sellers/# of items listed far exceeding the growth rate of new buyers over the past few years.

This is true: 

Perhaps the growth rate of sellers increased while at the same time the growth rate of buyers decreased.

Sounds pretty logical to me.
I think ebays analysis may have also conclude this in the last couple of years.

Otherwise they would not have saw the need for such a  hefty fee increase across the board.
(To cover for the slower or decrease growth rate of buyers and FVFs).
Nor would they have offered a new Pro Stores type deal.

I think ebay is searching / reaching anymore, because they do see it all slipping away from them.

Check out their stock prices and overall reputation anymore.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ebay+stock

Toothy9
I really stinks, and I’m happy about it.
Pages: 1 2