TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Overstock Discusses Future Plans for 2005 and 2006 Including Stores
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
10/6 from Holly's blog:

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/holly.php

Quote:I have decided that we should spend the rest of the year fixing and doing small enhancements to the current site features so that as we begin 2006 we have a solid framework from which to grow. This "screwing in the lightbulbs," as I call it, includes a lot of functionality for marketing and fixing some user-facing things as well. New functionality still slated for this year will include bid cancelation and retraction and a new much-improved version of O-lister.

As for next year, there are several big projects on the horizon. When I say we are "considering a store-type format," all are correct: that just means we are considering it. Nothing is written in stone. What we are thinking about does not change the listings. (We have no plans to create fixed price items on the site.) I expect it will be more geared toward allowing sellers to customize their part of the site.
bid cancelation  Thumbsup
no plans to create fixed price items =  same listing price for stores.  Protest
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=720.msg2678#msg2678 date=1128742924]
bid cancelation  Thumbsup
no plans to create fixed price items =  same listing price for stores.  Protest

[/quote]

Agreed on both.

Overstock's planned stores sound a lot like eBid's stores...but eBid is free.  The sell through rate on Overstock doesn't justify stocking up a store with inventory unless sales improve or they drastically reduce listing fees.  If Overstock would switch permanently to the No listing fee/5% FVF its been offering in promos then I would happily upload a bunch of inventory.
bid cancelation but no blocked bidder list.  Angryfire :Smile :'(

update just in:

Quote:on schedule!

Posted Oct 10, 2005, 7:54 AM

Thanks, everyone for your words of encouragement.

I have great news. Everything looks to be on schedule for the release tomorrow. The whole team here at O-Auctions looks forward to your feedback.

holly