TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Offering free information as an incentive to buy: ebooks, whitepapers, guides
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A successful e-store is one that provides visitors with a powerful and compelling incentive to buy. This incentive can come in one of many forms. Discounts, free shipping and multiple product offers are among the most common, but these can seriously impact your bottom line unless managed closely. Offering free informational products, a trend that has steadily grown in popularity and produces results, however, is another way to make your site stand out without costing you much money.

Informational products are usually delivered in a digital format. Buyer's guides, e-books, white papers and reports all fall under this category, and for one initial outlay, they can improve conversion rates and persuade even the most stubborn visitor to purchase your products. Each of these digital products differs in its appearance and its use but they do all offer excellent benefits.

Buyer's Guides...
E-Books...
White Papers...
Reports...

full article: http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/solutions...hp/3659306
Really timely. I've been toying with this idea myself for one of my eBay stores. I sell body jewelry and day in and day out I answer emails related to piercing care. I've thought about writing my own how-to or eBook to offer either for sale or free with purchase.

Thanks for sharing that!
Quote:Really timely. I've been toying with this idea myself for one of my eBay stores. I sell body jewelry and day in and day out I answer emails related to piercing care. I've thought about writing my own how-to or eBook to offer either for sale or free with purchase.

Good idea, Eclectica.  Thumbsup