TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: WPSSU and what it means to you
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Smileywelcome  There has been much discussion lately on the WP thread about the WPSSU site, and it's owner, Brian. I thought it would be best to separate that issue to it's own thread.

My personal opinion: I like what is happening there. The forums are a good source of information, and all sellers, from any venue, are welcome.

With his new on-line selling venue coming soon, I'm patiently waiting until it is up and running. I believe that Brian (and April too, for that matter) have a good grip on what it takes to make a buyer and seller friendly site a reality. He knows how to promote, and isn't afraid to do so. Look what he has done with wpssu in just a few short months. Most of that money came from his own pockets. This man has drive and determination. I have a good feeling that he has what it takes to make this work.

Feel free to post your opinions.
I am watching WPSSU and browsing the forums regularly. 

I am waiting to see exactly what type of site will be offered, fees, etc.  They are only in the beginning stages, so I will wait and watch.

I really don't have much experience in a sales environment with Brian, but when I was at WP, April seemed to be quite helpful and hard working.

I will be following it.

Wave

Another online selling site?

I don't get it.  There's already a butt-load of options out there for online sellers, be it auction, fixed-price, or mall-type venues.

What problem does another site solve?

[quote author=FiberGuy link=topic=7412.msg43639#msg43639 date=1171393768]

I don't get it.  There's already a butt-load of options out there for online sellers, be it auction, fixed-price, or mall-type venues.
[/quote]

I don't get it either (if "it" is a general auction site).  The odds of success are much greater with a specialized site (like Etsy, Bidz, Sedo, Alibris, StubHub) than they are with a general site.  With a general site you're competing against all of eBay while with a specialized site you're only competing with one category.  It would be much better (more realistic) to create a specialized site that can become a niche alternative for a certain segment of eBay's buyers.

If eBay is going to be "beat" it will probably be by niche sites taking on eBay category-by-category rather than one general site emerging as a major contender
Hi TT Members.
                      First of all I would like to state that I did not ask or wanted  this thread being hear and was e-mail to me that it was here. Since it is I wish to take my time away from my work at give the following statement.

To all wpers and X-poppers which both are on here as we speak. I brian WPSSU owner would like to make my second attempt to make a public apology. The first one was made on my forum. The second one i choose here because the thread does exist.

I have personally made many mistakes over a short time. I can't say that I'm was not too proud of myself. It is hard to come on a forum and admit to being wrong many would not some would. I myself when I see I'm wrong i don't mind stepping up and speaking out no matter how uncomfortable it may be for many who are, was & or still is upset, mad, or angry. It hurts me too. I also wish not to make this long but I can't do that either.

I wish to make this clear, I was never a leader in my life before, I do provide for my family and I have a partner who is 50% part of that. I solely own my own store so I lead myself when I started WPSSU the goal was to help promote stores because WP ownership was not. I knew about promoting and how to do it. I didn't know much about websites but I learned how quickly.

So in any way I can figure this out many events happened not all entirely my fault out of fairness I would say 90% is concerning the members and former members of WP and of WPSSU. SO I now found myself looked upon as a leader which actually at first was quite frightening. I didn't want to let anyone down but i sure did. My actions were not good and I must admit to it and I do. However I have learned one thing that has myself looking in a 180 degree direction. Prior to my changed format at WPSSU I was not a very open minded person. After the events occurred I did see that what was done was wrong and somethings after. I never ran a forum or website before and I'm now finding out what I did wrong and recognize it.

I have put in practice to have a open mind it was 4 days I thought this through and the I had a past TT in my live chat who I did not know who they were I did guess right. Blind luck or meant to happen one can only wonder. I already had my apology up and written on my forum. I also felt in chat I needed to apologize to that person there on the spot and I did.

two days later I had another former WP and TT member who I had it out with in the past not seeing eye to eye and I offered a apology right away. What i felt is this feeling and it was much better. I contacted via msn the WP store Castle Keeper I apologized to this person because her and 5 other WPSSU members were part of  what I done wrong. Out of those members I was not told to contact them and I kept my promise but Castle Keeper did not ask that so i did contact this person. At the end of the chat I also asked her to pass along the message i said to Castle Keeper to the other members of which she new who they were, I was told Yes when I run into them, I replied thankyou and said to this store owner that your invited back to WPSSU and the person said to me she would have to think about that and I replied that I understood.

So this is where I stated all were invited back but actually I'm not sure if the message was passed along. I did not want to violate anyone via PM or e-mail so I went on with my work. I was asked to come to TT and the comic in me wether it be bad taste or good to others perhaps I thought after was not i should of just came as myself.  I had other TT members pm me a few said sorry I said forget the sorrys it's all apart being about the WP experience.

So now I'm here I want to state as a leader / owner or what ever else we or you want to call it the postion is the head of the company. With that being said i wish to tell all i have hurt before presently or recently that I'm running business as I do with open ear and a open mind. I was never like that as i always in my store made my own decisions. I found that now in this online role I was make rash decisions but this way it was not myself I was hurt like in my business it was other humans male or female feelings. Once realized you do go through stages. There is nothing I can say to convince anyone & I'm not here to do that.

What i want to do is say this.

People of the WPSSU forum known as
Cats you were making a good point in WPSSU I was not listening and being closed minded and I am sorry for that too you personally. This is from my heart and is no blanket and ask don't trust me but please have a open mind. Please watch my and watch the results. As the hatred I show to Ray hurts some wagglepoppers don't make my mistake repeat. Your hated for me is ok I have it coming but it also upsets WPSSU members. I'm diffrent I have a opened mind a new thing for me and trying my best no to hurt anyone I'm out of Wagglepop but still promote them and always will.  Your invited anytime to be in wpssu and promised according to the forum rules are not broken I'm putting the delete button in storage.

User391 I'm not sure who you are but I suspect your in this part and my comments for you is the same to cats and I'm sorry if i caused you to feel hurt and more. Also a invite is open as above.

Dragon, Same as cats and user391 I'm sorry for what I said or my actions that hurt you. your invite is open and it's not like before everyone there is no approval just verify your own e-mail.

Angelsong777 we chatted before and I do owe you a apology or more than one my comments on tt was badly worded and was in bad taste but I was referring to hoe Ray may or may no treat people it's wrong I'm also sorry for anything in the past that as well hurt you and you too are invited anytime.

To all the members on Wagglepop I'm also apologize to you all if I have offended you or hurt you in any way. I can tell you things are ran differently. Open minded and open heart I can promote and that is what I am good at.

To all the wp members who are no x-poppers I apologize for what I have said and posted in return about your comments i was in wagglepop and never really meant to hurt or offend anyone. I'm not perfect and non of us are but I can admit to my mistakes and in a forum viewed  internationally all over the world.

I know many who where hurt we have many good talks and enjoyed our company. I also really for i had to screw it up for you. In my community I'm known as a very loving and giving person I wish to be the same perhaps the internet is much diffrent we are all for other parts of the country in diffrent contries  but  even that I don' and won't use as there is no excuses other than I was wrong and I am truly sorry for being a cause of pain to you.

I also want to clear something up that i heard that is not true. I have spoken to 4 wp store owners in mid November to starting of December about my intentions of possible start my own auction website and just do the opposite of WP and it might be better for us all. the 4 stores to verify is you wish. Classic Kitchens & More, Emerald Dreams, Bric owner of the mini mall not on WP now and Cards Galore Canada...

In fishing my last public apologies on this matter I as you not to all trust me but please watch my future results. your welcome to live chat on WPSSU anytime I'm currently the only operator, you can e-mail on WPSSU, you can join the forum post or pm me if you wish you certainly will have a open minded owner. We are all sellers we all have that in common. As sellers we all put the effort in thinking and trying to do our individual best finding good products treating our buyers with the up most respect and have repeat buyers and we also strive a never quit thing within the sole perhaps but I think you all know what I speak of. I'm a seller but my boat has my own treasure chest and I pledge to all who have the following, a blog, a website, any auction stores I will gladly for free hook you into my networking system love  me hate me it still good business. I wish to accept anyone who wishes to bury the past and strive to the future don't trust it's not what i ask but  watch my results and of which you can be a part of.

Sincerely

Brian

WPSSU
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=7412.msg43646#msg43646 date=1171401254]
[quote author=FiberGuy link=topic=7412.msg43639#msg43639 date=1171393768]

[/quote]

I don't get it either (if "it" is a general auction site).  The odds of success are much greater with a specialized site (like Etsy, Bidz, Sedo, Alibris, StubHub) than they are with a general site.  With a general site you're competing against all of eBay while with a specialized site you're only competing with one category.  It would be much better (more realistic) to create a specialized site that can become a niche alternative for a certain segment of eBay's buyers.

If eBay is going to be "beat" it will probably be by niche sites taking on eBay category-by-category rather than one general site emerging as a major contender
[/quote]

BBH,
            I totally agree with your statement. However what if a person came up with a very unique idea that I'm very sorry I can't mention yet and it would be great for sellers and buyers alike but never done before. Granted I think there is none to beat ebay off the top unless you do it as described I too believe that. However my ideas are good for sellers & buyers and never done before would be a breath of fresh air. I know OMG another online website I said it many time but keep a open mind please and in no way I would ever compare myself to Ebay or any other auction site for that matter but it will be cool to sell it all I'm saying so sorry no Ebay killers in my future unless as you said I do agree with your strategy with Ebay.

Brian
Brian,
Thank you for posting that. It is not always easy to admit when we are wrong.
Brian, Thanks for coming to this board, and putting it all out there in black and white. It's not an easy thing to do.
I emailed Brian to tell him that I started this thread. He didn't want to be in the spotlight, but made the best of the opportunity. I have chatted, at great length, with Brian on many occasions. He has placed a great trust in me, as I have with him. It takes a big man to admit his mistakes, and Brian, I applaud you.
So with that as my wake-up call, I have something to share with all of you: me.
All that I ask is that you don't judge me by my past mistakes. We are all human, and it's a learn-as-you-go process. I am truly sorry to anyone that I have offended. I see things in a whole new light now.
Peace and prosperity to everyone,
Eldon.
Brian,

I have held my tongue on this situation thus far. And this will be my only post on the subject.
If you truly meant your apology post, then good on you.
As for me, and me alone, the only way to build trust back is to do better every day. As you said, we should watch your future actions. It will be a very long time before I put myself in a position to be publicly disrespected like that again, (After this post). I will not be joining your site or your forum. I will not visit your site or your forum. I have moved on.
Forgiveness doesn't mean that you have to deal with the person, it simply means you wish them no harm.
I wish you success and as an aside.....don't ever email me again.

Ill
Brian if your apology is sincere than I will accept it and as Ill stated move on.  I will not be returning to wpssu or registering on your new auction site.  I do have my doubts about your apology I wonder if other things motivated you to do it or if in fact you do feel bad and regret what you did.  I wonder if you did it because you know that you will need a lot of people if your new site is going to succeed. 

I know some reading this may wonder why myself and Ill and others have these doubts after you came here admitted you were wrong and apologized.  If they had first hand knowledge of what transpired they would probably understand better why we do have doubts about your sincerity.  I could or someone else could post a copy of the thread from wpssu this all happened on.  Someone kept a copy of it.  I'm sure if others who really don't know what happened read that they would understand our doubt. 

However we will not post a copy of it for a few reasons.  The biggest reason is out of respect for people.  It is impossible to edit without messing it all up and we do no not want to post anyone's names who may not want them posted or be involved.  Another reason I and some others have doubts is we saw your original apology on wpssu to these people it was followed by your version of how the events unfolded.  You left out very critical information.   

One last thing if you don't mind I would like to ask what you meant here in this statement what is it that you heard is not true.?

Quote:I also want to clear something up that i heard that is not true. I have spoken to 4 wp store owners in mid November to starting of December about my intentions of possible start my own auction website and just do the opposite of WP and it might be better for us all. the 4 stores to verify is you wish. Classic Kitchens & More, Emerald Dreams, Bric owner of the mini mall not on WP now and Cards Galore Canada...

As you said yourself Brian trust must be earned.  Your future actions will determine who if any will trust you again.  But at this time I have to do the same as Ill and move on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16