TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Selling 101: Q&A for Serious Sellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hi there!
This thread is designed to help those that have serious questions about online selling. A "how to start and succeed" type thread. There are many pros on this site, and I'd love to see them show us how it's done right.
Hi ORUS  Wave
'
Good idea for a thread, girl! I'm no expert (far, far, far from it Tard  ), but I wil gladly help where I can. Thumbsup
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=7416.msg43681#msg43681 date=1171425071]
Hi ORUS  Wave
'
Good idea for a thread, girl! I'm no expert (far, far, far from it Tard  ), but I wil gladly help where I can. Thumbsup
[/quote]

I second that! Ask away and I know I'll have lots of my own questions!
You are an expert! I'm so glad you will help! This whole business is overwhelming at times and I get stuck or just give up, or feel stupid asking people for help. Especially asking for help more than once. *L* And theres the whole thing of wanting to sell online, and not knowing where to start and wasting time and money making every mistake out there.
There is so much info on this site, but a lot of it is scattered throughout hundreds of pages. I am hoping to get a lot of it on one thread.
I have a few questions. First, is there such a thing as a sub category for this thread? Like...someone sees this thread and once they click on it they can have a choice of things to look at like..web sites, selling venues, etc.
I have sooo many questions I really don't know where to start. Ok, here goes...What is the difference between a web page and a web site? I have a web page with micro soft live that is free, but no one can purchase anything from me off of that site. I recently received news from micro soft that within a few months, they are making the web pages to where people will be able to purchase from those web pages. I always thought the difference was that you could buy from a web site and not a web page.
And while I'm on the subject, is this microsoft live a good place to be? How do you guys decide which web site is the best for you? According to what you sell or maybe the price of it monthly?
Quote:What is the difference between a web page and a web site?

web page: http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...416.0.html
web site: http://www.tuliptools.com

A web page is a part, the web site is the whole.  An eBay "About Me" page is a web page on the eBay web site.

Quote:How do you guys decide which web site is the best for you? According to what you sell or maybe the price of it monthly?
It depends on your business:  what you sell, your budget, the time you have available to allocate to your website/cart setup/maintenance.  Hosted shopping carts (ShopPal, PrestoStore etc) are good for those with limited experience or time. 

Quote:You are an expert! I'm so glad you will help! This whole business is overwhelming at times and I get stuck or just give up, or feel stupid asking people for help. Especially asking for help more than once. *L* And theres the whole thing of wanting to sell online, and not knowing where to start and wasting time and money making every mistake out there.
There is so much info on this site, but a lot of it is scattered throughout hundreds of pages. I am hoping to get a lot of it on one thread.

We've all been there, ORUS, and I think it's fun to help someone else, so ask away and don't be afraid to ask twice or ask for clarifications!
It would be great to start a website.  However, I am old and computer challenged. 

Did any of the pros here take classes or read books or did you just jump in with the trial and error method?

It seems so overwhelming!

Crybaby2
Quote:It would be great to start a website.  However, I am old and computer challenged.

Did any of the pros here take classes or read books or did you just jump in with the trial and error method?

It seems so overwhelming!

Hi FIne  Wave  Happy V-Day! Love4

I rarely touched a computer until a little over a year ago. I still have much to learn, but honestly, I am surprised at how much I have learned during that time, primarily by reading and asking questions here. Smile

I too thought the task was overwhelming. My inclination was definitely not to do it myself----I am glad I decided to attempt the task of learning what I needed to know. Anyone can do this. It just takes a little time and a lot of effort, along with some helpful and knowledgeable advice.
You will find all that here if you choose to take this on. Thumbsup

Btw, just take it one step at a time. Ask questions and read the articles in the forum.
Questions: Yes they will be lame. OK when TT installs the Zen Cart, or another cart, what does that mean? In other words what happens after it is installed. How do we access it to set it up. Do you access the control panels from your dot.com address? How do you get to your admin controls on your site when it is hosted? I see that TT does provide a tool to help create the website pages, so how do you access those tools?

Yikes.
:blinkie:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7