TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Amazon Wish Lists Expose Kids to Risk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Amazon.com's  wish list feature is a great way to let relatives know what a kid wants. But it's also potentially a great way for predators to connect with kids...

Site visitors can search wish lists by name, presumably to see whether anyone they want to gift has set one up. However, it's relatively easy for a stranger to find a kid simply by searching for a common first name, then scrolling through the list to find those who have listed last names, cities and states. Clicking through to the wish list gives a good indication of how old the person is.

...No matter how old you are, online privacy and safety experts say it's a bad idea to publish your last name or other identifying details on the Internet.

full article: http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/article.php/3566901
My kids have had Wish Lists on Amazon for mannnnny years.  They are now 18 years old.  Their home address is NOT shown... not even if a person were to buy something for them. 
Also, Wish Lists can be made private... only viewable to the one that owns it.
I just don't see it as any kind of risk.  IMHO
Me neither. Sounds like internet news was digging for a social interest story.