TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: In-Text Ads likely to see strong growth this year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:In-text advertising is most similar to contextual advertising, but there are critical differences both in how ads are presented and how they are served. Publishers who fully understand these differences are in the best position to take advantage of the benefits of in-text advertising...

In-text systems look for the occurrence of particular keywords that are of interest to advertisers and places the ad in a tool-tip style balloon above the keyword. This ad is only visible when the user places his or her mouse over the keyword, and keywords with ads are connoted in a way that is visually distinct from both other words on the page, as well as other traditional links...

full article: http://imediaconnection.com/content/13586.asp
I added a poll.  Smile
[quote author=regic link=topic=7894.msg44979#msg44979 date=1172346374]
I added a poll.  Smile
[/quote]

I voted Wave

Actually, I am frickin sick of ALL ads on the net! You can't even read in peace anymore, damn it! Tongue2
In-text ads are annoying, but not nearly as annoying as interstitial ads, expanding ads, popups, popunders, and floating ads.
I use:

[quote author=jezebel link=topic=2241.msg39501#msg39501 date=1168063443]
Inline ads now litter my sites. 
[/quote]

but I don't use:

[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=7894.msg44991#msg44991 date=1172361702]
interstitial ads, expanding ads, popups, popunders, and floating ads.
[/quote]