TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Broadband Speed Test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Test the speed of your broadband connection: http://www.speedtest.net

My results  Icon_biggrin
Downloads 20,366 kb/s :imptongue:
Uploads 1,188 kb/s :imptongue:
My ISP: https://www.bethere.co.uk/broadband.do
6,872 down
488 up
down  4534
up  364

:imptongue:  :imptongue:  :imptongue:

Edit:  Um, is it better to have lower or higher numbers? I was thinking lower, but maybe not........Icon_scratch
Quote:Edit:  Um, is it better to have lower or higher numbers? I was thinking lower, but maybe not......

Higher.  Mandy's connection is almost 5 times faster than yours for downloads and 3 times faster for uploads.

My first Internet connection in 1993 was 4.8
Quote:Higher.  Mandy's connection is almost 5 times faster than yours for downloads and 3 times faster for uploads.

Wow, our times really SUCK! Tard

Quote:My first Internet connection in 1993 was 4.8

That was my excuse for staying off the net until last year---no patience with the load times! Tongue
Don't get too upset over it, Bell...  Wink

My "speed":

1316 UP
322 DOWN

I'm paying for 1.5Mb, so I'm cool with it.  Plus, we're in the styx, so I don't have a plethora of choices anyhow.  For about 30 more clams/month, I could upgrade to 6Mb... but I haven't justified it just yet.

(ETA)

I can vividly remember when I was absolutely jazzed when I first purchased my 9600 Hayes modem for about $250.  Love4
I'm too lazy to test but I have a 7Mb cable connection and a 3Mb DSL connection.

Quote:My first Internet connection in 1993 was 4.8
I think mine was 2.4 :blinkie: and everything was text based because there wasn't a World Wide Web yet.

Quote: I was absolutely jazzed
I was really excited when I moved up to 4.8 (4800 bps)  and discovered gopher and veronica.

gopher://gopher.quux.org/1/Software/Gopher
Mine is pretty slow--down is 1014 and up is 391. :blinkie:
Hi Christopher! Smileywelcome to TT!!

Maybe your isp is slow today?

My speed was better today.

Down 4465
up 1490
Pages: 1 2