TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Town Hall Meeting Recap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Highlights:

Quote:Another leg of the strategy is improving the Finding experience for buyers, and as Jamie explained, his team will be incorporating our learnings from eBay Express -- and the new eBay Motors -- to improve the search experience on eBay...
Quote:I was struck by the number of technical issues that were called in into last week's Town Hall. The Back Button issue, which had been gaining some notoriety on the Community Forums, naturally raised its ugly head. (Thankfully, the worst seems to be over - read Laura's post for more information). Diehard fans of the old Sell Your Item (SYI) form, as well as those of Seller's Assistant, also pointed out difficulties in using the new products that eBay has introduced (i.e. the new SYI form and the  Blackthorne products that replaced Seller's Assistant). Jim Ambach from the Product team acknowledged the difficulties some members were experiencing in transitioning to the new products...
Quote:Using Turbo Lister 2 with Microsoft's new operating system, Vista, was another issue...
Quote:Members also wanted an update on eBay's excessive shipping policy and the process to report listings that stick out in this contentious area. The member who asked the question said frankly that they were very skeptical of eBay's implementation of the excessive shipping policy, and said that the reporting process was "obtuse." Bill responded by acknowledging that it was an issue we've been struggling to resolve, although we've taken firm steps, such as proactively suspending the most egregious sellers. He said we're still working on some product-based solutions, some of which could be launched as early as the second quarter this year. One of these solutions is the ability to give buyers the option to sort listings by total cost (i.e. inclusive of shipping)....

full article: http://www.ebaychatter.com/the_chatter/2..._of_l.html
Quote:Another leg of the strategy is improving the Finding experience for buyers, and as Jamie explained, his team will be incorporating our learnings from eBay Express -- and the new eBay Motors -- to improve the search experience on eBay...

everyone run to the lifeboats!  :blinkie: