TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: It's OFFICIAL - Microsoft gets OUT of the e-commerce business
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

After some months of speculating the future of Microsoft e-commerce, I received the email a few days ago titled "Commerce Manager Service Ending".  I have until April 30 to transfer our products to our new site... I think I'll get it done in plenty of time.  Fingers crossed.

Anyhow, they proceeded to send me a link to what they called "a small handful" of e-commerce providers here, if anyone is interested (NOT!):

http://www.bcentraltransition.com/commer...rison.aspx

Ahhh well, it was good while it lasted... I have no complaints about their customer support and the store's back-end... at least while they still had a future!  Wink 

I haven't read all the details, but at first glance, it appears that concentric provides e-commerce using the oscommerce platform.  I did also note that one of their "suggestions" was prostores.  *gag*

As far as I know, bCentral's replacement, Office Live, has absolutely no e-commerce options available, short of being able to add PayPal's shopping cart.  :o

It's ironic, that one of the reasons we chose Commerce Manager to begin with, was that we felt Microsoft was "established" and "not going anywhere"!  Smileyyellowbang

Cheers... and happy selling!

Quote:"a small handful" of e-commerce providers here, if anyone is interested (NOT!)

NOT is right.  If I was going to use a hosted cart it would be either Make-A-Store or Volusion...definitely not ProStores.