TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Google AdWords testing yellow background for search ads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Since I am handling the paid search side of things for Seodays, Dave & I were discussing the keyword topic areas for screenshots and examples. Ironically, while discussing that, Dave stumbled upon an AdWords test that Google is doing on their AdWords ads. Instead of the usual blue background you usually see with AdWords above the search results, these ads had a yellow background...

I think this background likely will perform better than the blue, as I suspect the AdWords team is testing this color as a test to see if "banner blindless" has begun to take place with the blue...

full article and screenshots: http://www.jensense.com/archives/2007/03...rds_3.html
Quote:"banner blindless" has begun to take place with the blue

I ignore the sponsored results.
The yellow makes it even more obvious that they're ads which makes it even more likely that I won't even look at them when I do a search.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=8293.msg45975#msg45975 date=1173204095]
The yellow makes it even more obvious that they're ads which makes it even more likely that I won't even look at them when I do a search.
[/quote]

:ditto:
Piss yellow Yuk