TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Item Page Glitchancements: BRIGHT BLUE BUTTONS!!! WOO HOO!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***Item Page Enhancements: An Additional Watch Link & Other Tweaks*** 

Hi everyone, I'm Subha Shetty with eBay's Buyer Experience team. In the next week, we're making a few small changes that we think will make the item page (the page that displays a listing), a bit easier to use.

The changes include:

* An additional "Watch this item" button – Millions of items are added to buyers' Watch lists every day! We're keeping the existing link where it is in the top section of the page, but, as a convenience to buyers, we're adding a new button which will be placed at the bottom of the page. Now they won't have to scroll all the way back to the top after they’ve reviewed the important details of the listing.

* Bright blue buttons for Bid, Buy It Now, and Best Offer – The eye-catching color will make these important features stand out a little more.

* Minor layout changes – We've cleaned up the bottom of the item page a bit to make information such as the shipping details, payment methods, and return policies easier to read.

Confusedarcasm1:
Quote:An additional "Watch this item" button – Millions of items are added to buyers' Watch lists every day!

I thought the "Watch this Item" option was a good idea at first but not anymore. Now it's easier for an item to be forgotten when in the past the bidder would either add the listing to their favorites folder on their own, or bid. Too bad it can't be opted out of.

Same goes for Gallery photos anymore. Back when they were novel it was a way to draw increased interest to a listing. Now they provide an excuse, for the prospective bidder, to never even open the actual auction page.
Quote:I thought the "Watch this Item" option was a good idea at first but not anymore. Now it's easier for an item to be forgotten when in the past the bidder would either add the listing to their favorites folder on their own, or bid.

It's definitely led to fewer bids and bidding wars.
Did they also remove the little "refresh" link at the top of the auction page?
I didn't even know there was a refresh link.  :-[  It's been a (long) while since I looked at an eBay item page.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=8294.msg46100#msg46100 date=1173313146]
Did they also remove the little "refresh" link at the top of the auction page?
[/quote]

:o I didn't even know there was one. I use the refresh button on my browser and do it while on the item's bid history page since it loads much more quickly than the listing page.
I believe that little refresh link only shows up near the end of a listings - but I could I be wrong...
You're right. Within 10 minutes, I think.