TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: MySpace marketing tips for ecommerce businesses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:# The most important advice I can give you is to never send unsolicited messages to other MySpace users. Not only are they ineffective because MySpace users are some of the most spam-immune people on the planet, but most will flag your message as spam. It only takes a couple of these before your account will either be deleted or its functionality severely limited. All your previous work goes down the drain.
# Stay away from corporate-speak on your page. Talk like you're talking to a friend, not like a business.
# Adobe Flash works great as eye-candy, but MySpace has limited a lot of the action script, such as being able to click links.
# Your MySpace page needs to look clean and must be very easy to read. You can make your own layouts, or use pre-made ones at a lot of Web sites, such as MySpaceSupport. (not affiliated with MySpace.com)
# You have the option to disable HTML in your comments. I do this on all my accounts because people not only spam with lots of advertisements but also place huge images on your page that take a long time to load.>br>
# Post bulletins consistently. On average, only about 20 percent will see the bulletin you've posted. So, if you have time, post at least one bulletin a day about your product. Also, make sure that you delete your previous bulletin.
# B2B businesses, in Bodley's experience, don't do well on MySpace, and he advises against pursuing this avenue if your customers aren't ordinary shoppers.
# One quick way to add friends is to start sending out friend requests to people. Use the browse function to narrow in on whom you want. On average, one-third will accept your request. You can do this manually, but make sure not to do more than 200 a day. The CAPTCHA codes will probably make you want to quit sooner than that.

full article: http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/news/tren...hp/3663796