TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Advertising Strategy, I Hate My Logo! Logo Design- What You Should Get ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Advertising Strategy, I Hate My Logo! Logo Design- What You Should Get For Your Money And Why

Quote:Learn how greatly the symbolic significance of your corporate identity can impact your business. This is a guide to educate you on how an experienced designer can help you through a project whose outcome you will need to live with for years.

Your logo is a symbol that will stand on every piece of printed or electronic collateral ... Changing your logo in a year because you don't like it breeds confusion and mistrust that spreads like weeds within your audience. Many people over look that fact when they have a logo designed from the Internet for $25.

full article: http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/articl...02857.html
Quote:Conclusion I strongly suggest you let an experienced designer help you with your logo development. It's not unreasonable to pay several thousand dollars for a design. That design should, however, take more than two days to develop and a lot of interaction and explanation! But you have to live with the results and they should be nothing less than great.

Since this is not a discussion (yet), I ignored the 120-day posting thing. We ought to talk about reasonable logo strategies for tiny eCommerce startups. In my mind, someone with no eCommerce experience ought to draw their own stupid logo. The business may succeed or fail, and it will probably fail the first time around, so screw paying for a logo. At a certain point, however, I think the successful business person should plan to cough up some bucks. I'm curious what people think a logo is worth.
Quote:someone with no eCommerce experience ought to draw their own stupid logo

When I sold on eBaY I had my shooting star way before I had my first professional logo.  ;D
Quote:Many people over look that fact when they have a logo designed from the Internet for $25.

Sometimes it just doesn't take all that much to become memorable.

[Image: 200px-Milton_Bradley_logo.png]
Maybe, but Milton Bradley spends a ton of money on the box art.