TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Bye Bye CPC: some shopping comparison sites moving to cost per sale pricing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: Online marketers have been grumbling about the rising cost of paid search adverting for a while. But comparison shopping engines are providing an alternative, both in their rising number that gives marketers more places to be found besides through web search, and—in some cases—pricing models that offer an alternative to cost per click.

While most comparison shopping engines revenue is based on cost per click, there’s definitely a new trend toward cost per acquisition models, according to Scot Wingo, CEO of ChannelAdvisor Corp., a provider of e-commerce technology and marketing services for selling on the web. “A lot of the newer comparison engines like Jellyfish or TheFind.com are offering as an option or making it their entire business model to go for a percentage of sale,” he says...

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=21678
If the major comparison engines moved to CPA I'd start listing on them.  There's no way I would list on a CPC comparison site though.
[quote author=amy link=topic=8390.msg46289#msg46289 date=1173485446]
If the major comparison engines moved to CPA I'd start listing on them. [/quote]

I'd rather pay per sale than per click too.
I'm listing CPC at Shopzilla and Yahoo Shopping.