TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Member Showcase: PlasticPumpkin Etsy Shop**Lucky Cat Maneki Neko Original Photograph Print
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop

Lucky Cat Maneki Neko Original Photograph Print

Title: Maneki Neko Photo Study
Size: 4" x 5"
Limited Edition, Signed #1 / 50

The Lucky Cat is an ancient symbol in Japan. Tales say that during the heyday of feudal Japan, a Feudal Lord was making his way alone, through a heavy forest. A dangerous storm descended on the woods and he found himself besieged by heavy rain, fierce winds, and violent lightning.

He began to lose his way in the chaos, and was certain he would die out there if he didn't find a way to civilization. He happened into a clearing, where an old, poor Buddhist temple stood.

There, at the entrance to the temple's doors sat a calico cat; unafraid of the storm. He raised his paw and seemed to beckon the Feudal Lord inside.

Feeling as though the cat were calling him in out of the storm, he rushed forward. Just as he left the tree he'd been sheltering under, a terrible bolt of lightning struck the exact spot he'd been standing in. The cat had not only offered him a place to stay, but he'd saved his life as well.

The temple was maintained by a kindly old monk and the cat--Tama. The monk rarely had enough to eat for only himself, but he always shared his food with Tama. The Feudal Lord was so happy that little Tama had beckoned him in and saved him, he became the patron of the temple and provided it with funds, food, and supplies forevermore.

Little Tama lived a long life with his friend, the monk.

To this day, you can see Maneki Nekos (Beckoning Cats) all over Japan, in China, Hong Kong, and other parts of Asia, as well as in Hawaii and many Asian-owned shops and stores. The Lucky cat is thought to invite good luck for business, money, and safety for the home.

I've been fascinated by Lucky Cats for decades. I have a huge collection of them and I've decided to do photography of all my little Tamas.

May they bring you happiness, luck, and money as well!

Original Photo, professionally printed on Kodak Royal Paper. High Gloss finish brings out the lucky cat's charm. Photo will last and last! Signed, dated, and numbered.

Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5534149