TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Desperate eBay turns to Keyword Spamming in attempt to gain eyeballs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A user on the Vendio discussion boards noticed something interesting as she was browsing items on eBay Monday. eBay is including a box at the bottom of some pages that is full of brand names related to the items being searched or browsed.

It appears to be a veiled attempt to show up higher in Google and Yahoo search-engine results. This will be of special interest to eBay sellers, who are strictly prohibited from using this marketing technique in their own listings. (eBay calls it Keyword Spamming.)...

full article: http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blo...53996.html

I'd laugh my @55 off if ebay got banned...

;D

... and I mean it too... ass no more... gone... laughed it off!

Big Grin
[quote author=FiberGuy link=topic=8519.msg46617#msg46617 date=1173789190]

I'd laugh my @55 off if ebay got banned...

;D

... and I mean it too... ass no more... gone... laughed it off!

Big Grin
[/quote]

Me too. Laughing7

But, it isn't going to happen. :'(

Quote: It appears to be a veiled attempt to show up higher in Google and Yahoo search-engine results. This will be of special interest to eBay sellers, who are strictly prohibited from using this marketing technique in their own listings. (eBay calls it Keyword Spamming.)...

They must be getting at least a little desperate.  Toothy9
Quote:But, it isn't going to happen.

:ditto: eBay spends too much on advertising for it to ever happen.

Quote:It appears to be a veiled attempt to show up higher in Google and Yahoo search-engine results.

It works.  www.AuctionFire.com has filled the bottom of their pages with keywords for years and always ranks in the top 5 on searches for 'auction' and a few other keywords.

Quote:This will be of special interest to eBay sellers, who are strictly prohibited from using this marketing technique in their own listings. (eBay calls it Keyword Spamming.)...

eBay sucks Smileymegmeg