TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Member Showcase: PlasticPumpkin Etsy Shop**ACEO Mother Watercolor Pen and Ink on Yupo Paper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop

ACEO Mother Watercolor Pen and Ink on Yupo Paper

Title: Mother
ACEO Art Card Original
Media: Watercolor and pen & ink on Yupo paper.
Size: 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
One of a kind. Packed in a rigid, archival quality card shell.

by Ren Adams--that's me!
Back is signed, titled, and dated.

I dig Yupo paper. If you're not already a fan, Yupo is a special type of polypropylene sheet which has a velvety finish and a supple, yet strong feel. It doesn't feel quite like any paper you've ever touched (it's satiny and oddly thick).

I used traditional European watercolors on my Yupo ACEO cards, in a figurative style. I worked with color and flow, letting the brush and Yupo dictate the organic nature of each line.

I then applied pen & ink details to the watercolored paper. This profile took on a life of its own and reminds me of my mother, when she's in a pensive, thoughtful mood. Partly sad--but brilliant.

ACEO
------------
ACEO stands for "Art card editions and originals" a special type of collectible art trading card. Artists create small format originals, which makes collecting a wide range of work totally possible and affordable. This is an ORIGINAL work, not a print.

Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5543936