TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Well, this is sure news to me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000035360&tstart=0&mod=1129006379284

Quote:Most problems with feedback misuse were in the early days of eBay- many of the holes have been plugged.
Happy001

Which auction site are they talking about that most of the holes have been plugged?

Sorry...I forgot this one:

Quote:thank god the buyers weren't spooked from buying from the 99.9% honest sellers.
Oh sure.  If many holes were plugged then so many sellers woulnd't be so afraid to leave a negative feedback to a non paying bidder (since they can leave a negative in return out of retaliation) or so many people, sellers and buyers, wouldn't be afraid to be the first to leave a feedback first.  I wonder what color the sky is in that seller's world is that made that statement.  Let me guess, they have a "friend" who works at eBay that will take care of any negatives they guess so the "hole" has been "plugged" for them personally?
Yeah.  I think I was rude.  But I am tired and grumpy these days.  Angryfire

[quote author=Nat link=topic=764.msg2875#msg2875 date=1129039577]
Oh sure.  If many holes were plugged then so many sellers woulnd't be so afraid to leave a negative feedback to a non paying bidder (since they can leave a negative in return out of retaliation) or so many people, sellers and buyers, wouldn't be afraid to be the first to leave a feedback first.  I wonder what color the sky is in that seller's world is that made that statement.  Let me guess, they have a "friend" who works at eBay that will take care of any negatives they guess so the "hole" has been "plugged" for them personally?
[/quote]

Exactly.  I think problems like retaliatory negative feedbacks, feedback bombing to destroy another seller's record/business, etc. have gotten worse not better since I started selling on eBay.  eBay's feedback system needs work.
My friend has gone through hell getting her negs removed and her fees refunded.
She has . . . but it took a very long time. 

[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=764.msg2878#msg2878 date=1129046760]
My friend has gone through hell getting her negs removed and her fees refunded.
She has . . . but it took a very long time. 

[/quote]

She was one of the lucky ones who were able to get their negs removed.  Beadhappy from the stores board had a similar problem earlier this year and also had to go through a lot to get the negs removed.  Bead also closed her store for a while as a result of the feedback bombing (which apparently occured because another eBay user didn't liker some of her posts on eBay's bidding board).  I think the proliferation of posting IDs used by people who are terrified to use their real IDs when they post on eBay's boards indicates that feedback problems are still very much a problem.
Donna is *very* persistent.
But it still took a *very* long time. 

[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=764.msg2879#msg2879 date=1129048268]
I think the proliferation of posting IDs used by people who are terrified to use their real IDs when they post on eBay's boards indicates that feedback problems are still very much a problem.
[/quote]

I agree with that 100%.