TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Video Seller Switches From osCommerce to PinnacleCart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:With its growth, SermonSpice's relationship with osCommerce also came to an end. "That was kind of a mistake," Temple says. "It wasn't well designed. It wasn't built for plugins. It works really great if you don't need to adjust it -- if you don't have more than 20 people on your cart." OsCommerce was making too many queries to the database per transaction, hogging CPU time in the process.

"I would have been happy to go to another open source product and develop on top of it," Temple says, "but none of the open source carts were scalable. They weren't thought out."

Temple instead turned to PinnacleCart, a proprietary application that's built on PHP and provides the source code to its licensed customers. PinnacleCart, says Temple, is well-planned, scalable without too many alterations, and well-coded, which makes for easy customizations. And Temple likes the fact that he can pick up the phone and get immediate support.

Even with his less than stellar experience with osCommerce's pure open source application, Temple still feels favorable toward free software...

full article: http://www.itmanagersjournal.com/feature/22128
I just spent about an hour playing with the admin end of the cart demo at http://www.pinnaclecart.com/  , and it was kind of fun. Something I don't usually say about shopping carts. Tard

It is much easier to use than oscommerce in all areas, including customization!

It is also easier to use than one of it's competitors, x-cart.
Quote:It works really great if you don't need to adjust it -- if you don't have more than 20 people on your cart." OsCommerce was making too many queries to the database per transaction, hogging CPU time in the process.

That's why I dumped it.  It's not built for busy sites.
A new version of PinnacleCart:

Quote:Pinnacle Cart, a Desert Dog Marketing, LLC company, has launched the latest version of their successful ecommerce software. Version 3.5 adds even more tools to help companies increase traffic and sales on their website. The most significant improvement in this version is the addition of One-Page Checkout.

Several independent studies have shown that over 50% of ecommerce shoppers abandon their carts within the last few steps of purchase. One-Page Checkout significantly reduces the number of steps necessary to complete a purchase, therefore regaining lost sales and improving revenue for clients using the application.

In addition to One-Page Checkout, version 3.5 includes PayPal Express Checkout, real-time shipping quotes from Canada Post, ability to accept echecks, suggestive up-selling during checkout, live chat software, International taxes, improved search engine optimization and more...

full press release: http://www.cgidir.com/news/press/070703Pinaclecart.html