TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Member Showcase: PlasticPumpkin Etsy Shop**Mars Landscape 2 Hot Alien Red Orange Mountain ACEO Art C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop

Mars Landscape 2 Hot Alien Red Orange Mountain ACEO Art Card Original

Format: ACEO (Art Card Editions & Originals)
Size: 3 1/2 x 2 1/2
Original oil pastel painting
Signed, titled, and dated on back by Ren Adams (that's me!)
Title: Mars Landscape #2
Media: Oil pastel on Yupo paper!

A surreal sunset on an alien planet... perfect for those loving bold colors, abstract landscapes, and fantasy art.

I dig Yupo paper. If you're not already a fan, Yupo is a special type of polypropylene sheet which has a velvety finish and a supple, yet strong feel. It doesn't feel quite like any paper you've ever touched (it's satiny and oddly thick).

I used oil pastel paints on it, in a figurative style, and found the result was very "blurred" (in a GOOD way). The layering effects were almost dreamlike and wavering, as if each separate color is still moving--even though it's down on paper.

ACEO
------------
ACEO stands for "Art card editions and originals" a special type of collectible art trading card. Artists create small format originals, which makes collecting a wide range of work totally possible and affordable. This is an ORIGINAL work, not a print.

Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5575150