TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: The Worst eBay Packaging Ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Holy...mother....of....crap. I thought the pizza box was bad -- apparently, eBay is now suggesting using 2 litre pop bottles and milk jugs to protect my purchase. Could this get any worse or more disgusting?

Apparently, it could...

full article with photos: http://www.vitaluna.net/archives/000120.html
I've recieved (crushed, broken) eBay items in a cereal box but never in a pizza box.
I've only had a few cases of bad packaging. Most were annoying at the time and easily forgotten since nothing had gotten damaged but one really bugged me since the value of the item merited increased attention to ensure it's safe shipment.

I still think it was because it sold so cheaply and the seller was too pissed to give a cr*p about it reaching me safely. Still the damage was minor and that one was forgotten as well, at least as far as giving positive feedback goes.

I remember one time buying something on eBay and the seller had to get a shipping quote and the cost of shipping seemed to be too high but I never complained about it. Later on after it arrived I noted it was quite heavy when it shouldn't have been only to open the box to see an enormous amount of folded newspaper and magazines! I guess it was easier to send it to meĀ  as packing material than put it out in the garbage.

Quote:I've only had a few cases of bad packaging.

:ditto: but the ones that were packaged badly were really packaged badly...fragile items mailed from the UK in brown wrapping paper and no box, fragile items packed in a cerealbox and shipped from Canada.

I've had a much bigger problem with receiving items not as described than I've had with packaging.
Quote:I've had a much bigger problem with receiving items not as described than I've had with packaging.

Here too... but I buy mostly textiles & paper goods, so one almost has to try to not package something well for it to get damaged.

The vast majority of problems were from sellers who didn't choose to inspect the product(s) before describing it or just didn't know how.

Cheers

I remember someone on OTWA saying they received a rare, vintage teacup (very few left in existence) packed in a manila envelope. No padding.

It arrived as dust.