TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Bye Bye Pollution: first commercial compressed air car nears production
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Many respected engineers have been trying for years to bring a compressed air car to market, believing strongly that compressed air can power a viable "zero pollution" car. Now the first commercial compressed air car is on the verge of production and beginning to attract a lot of attention, and with a recently signed partnership with Tata, India’s largest automotive manufacturer, the prospects of very cost-effective mass production are now a distinct possibility...

Most importantly, it is incredibly cost-efficient to run – according to the designers, it costs less than one Euro per 100Km (about a tenth that of a petrol car). Its mileage is about double that of the most advanced electric car (200 to 300 km or 10 hours of driving), a factor which makes a perfect choice in cities where the 80% of motorists drive at less than 60Km. The car has a top speed of 68 mph...

full article: http://www.gizmag.com/go/7000/
Great article! But will it be allowed to happen. It sort of reverts back to the idea of steam power. I have seen old steam shovels that have been moved with compressed air. I wonder if you could adapt a normal gas powered engine to run off of compressed air.
let the truth be told Wrote:will it be allowed to happen.

Not in this lifetime.
[quote author=rose link=topic=8752.msg47576#msg47576 date=1174438311]
let the truth be told Wrote:will it be allowed to happen.

Not in this lifetime.
[/quote]

I don't think it will happen in the US but some cities in Asia with extremely high air pollution from auto emissions like Jakarta, Mumbai and Bangkok should make it mandatory.  2/3 of the estimated 800,000 yearly deaths from air pollution (source: the UN's WHO) occur in Asia.