TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Enhancements to eBay's Header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:***Enhancements to eBay's Header*** 

Hi everyone, my name is Jenny Copson with our buyer experience team.

One of the areas my team is responsible for is the site header – the bar at the top of almost every eBay page with the Buy, Sell, and other links. We've been working on the header to make it easier to search for items and to navigate around the site.

Here are the key changes that will be introduced in the next few days:

1. Quick access to eBay categories & specialty sites – A new “categories” link will be included in the header. When you hover over it with your mouse, a full list of eBay categories will be displayed, letting you quickly go right to the one that interests you. In addition, we're adding convenient links to other eBay sites, such as eBay Motors and eBay Express.
  2. Bigger Search Box Front & Center – One thing we've heard consistently through our research is that members want a bigger, more obvious search box. This enlarged search box will be available in the middle of the header, directly below your name when you are signed in.
  3. Quick links – The standard Buy, Sell, My eBay, Community, and Help links will be moved over to the upper right-hand corner. Similar to the categories link, when you hover over these links a short list of related links will be displayed. For example, if you hover over the Community button, you'll see links to the Discussion Boards, Answer Center , etc.
  4. A Fresh New Look – Last but not least, we felt it was time to give the header a fresh new look. We hope you like what you see and find the navigational tools overall more useful.

screenshot: http://www.blackthornesw.com/jerry/misc/...Header.jpg
Quote:In addition, we're adding convenient links to other eBay sites, such as eBay Motors and eBay Express.

but not eBay Stores
IT SUCKS!
Quote:IT SUCKS!

Understatement of the Month Award Nominee there..

ICK!
I knew something looked wrong just now when I logged in - should have come here first.

The new header resembles..... Wagglepop!! LMAO

Huh, maybe Ray's paranoia wasn't so paranoid. All eBay needs are gaudy buttons now.

Happy001
[quote author=amy link=topic=8783.msg47785#msg47785 date=1174607703]
Quote:In addition, we're adding convenient links to other eBay sites, such as eBay Motors and eBay Express.

but not eBay Stores

[/quote]

Why am I not surprised? :Smile
Thank you so much eBay. This was number one on my list of priorities of countless things that needed fixing on the site.
It is me or did they shift everything to the left hand side, leaving a big empty white space on the left.
YUCK
:blinkie:
I've decided I like it. I haven't sold on eBay in 11 months but I do have items on Half and the very prominent 'eBay Express' tab on the core site convinced me to click the 'list these items on Express' button in my Half account (Half items are included on Express starting this month--no listing fees on either).  With the added exposure from Express I expect our total monthly Half sales to skyrocket to at least 1 (yes, Half is dead,dead,dead) ;D

Off topic: can anyone explain this:
1135 items uploaded to Half
912 items visible in our Half shop
510 items listed on Express
Disappearing items...
As usual they waste their time on dressing up the site with uneeded things rather than putting their time into some of the glitches that still need to be fixed after months of complaints.  Where are their priorities and not to have a tab for Stores is just another case of ignoring the ebay Stores altogether.  They continue to show their interest in Stores is at a all time low.
Pages: 1 2