TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Website Order - Potential Fraud? Opinions Please! :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this.  If not, please feel free to move it and I apologize!  Smile

I had an order on my website this morning that I'm a little uneasy about and I wanted to get you guys opinion because I've never run into this type situation before.

The order is for one piece of driftwood, total order amount $34.59.

The buyer added this note:

Quote:I'm Egyptian use a shipping address of shipping company in NY (aramex.com)
which will deliver to egypt, thats why you may see Egyptian IP address and
American shipping address

His billing address is in Egypt but the shipping address is to a Box # XXX XXX,
147-29 182nd Street in Springfield Gardens, NY.

Part of me finds it hard to believe a scammer would make a $34.00 purchase for driftwood (not a high fraud category at all), but I know that shipping to a different location will leave me wide open to a cc chargeback if it is fraudulent.

If it was in the States, I wouldn't think anything about it - we do it all the time. Smile

What do y'all think?  Ship or cancel?
Aramex does offer a service called "shop & ship" that provides international shoppers with a US (and UK) mailing address and box number
http://www.aramex.com/shopandship/

The address matches up with Aramex' US shipping address too:

Quote: Street address:  147-29 182nd Street
Apartment or Suite #:  Your Shop&Ship Box #
City:  Springfield Gardens
State:  NY
Zip Code:  11413

http://www.aramex.com/shopandship/Faqs.aspx
Thanks Regic!

That makes me feel a lot better about it.  I figured I was just being paranoid since it's wasn't a high dollar purchase.  :Smile

I'm going to blame it on not enough caffeine in my system yet!  Happy001

Quote:I figured I was just being paranoid since it's wasn't a high dollar purchase.

I'm always paranoid with orders like that...especially when they're shipping to New York.  That order seems legitimate and I'd ship it (if it was a $500 order I probably wouldn't).
Ship.
I just thought I'd drop in and give y'all an update.

We shipped and everything went smooth.  The guy has become a regular customer and orders two or three pieces every 10 days or so. 

Again, thanks for the great advice!  Thumbsup