TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: ebay glitchancement: Improvements to Combined Shipping Discounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***Coming Soon: Improvements to Combined Shipping Discounts***

Hi everyone...My name is Kristina Klausen. As many of you may know, my colleague Leigh Goldstein recently moved to StubHub, which was acquired by eBay. I have been at eBay for almost 4 years and I'm excited and honored to have the opportunity to lead the Shipping team in Leigh's place.

Shipping is a key part of the eBay experience. My team is dedicated to improving the buyer and seller experience associated with shipping. On this note, I'm pleased to be able to introduce several improvements we'll soon be making to our Combined Shipping Discounts feature.

Combined Shipping Discounts lets sellers offer discounted shipping rates when a buyer purchases multiple items from them – a great way to encourage repeat sales. In the next week or so, you'll see the following improvements to this feature:

* Extended Merchandising. Buyers looking at your items will now see new messaging that encourages them to make multiple purchases from you to take advantage of your combined shipping discounts. We're also making it easy for them to "window shop" during the buying process and view your items where your discounts apply.

* Different Discounts for Different Items. Now sellers have the flexibility to set different discount shipping rules for different items. For example, you can set discount rules for your bowling ball sales that are different from your discount rules for your bowling glove sales. Since the shipping costs can vary greatly from item to item, this gives sellers much more flexibility.

* Promotional Shipping. In contrast to offering shipping discounts per item, Promotional Shipping allows you to set a special shipping rate on all of your sales that meet some criteria. For example, you could choose to offer "Free Shipping When You Spend $25!" or "Buy 3 items and shipping is only $5!" This is a great new marketing tool for sellers to consider as part of their strategy.

more info: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200703221440572.html
Infopia still gives me more flexibility with shipping discounts than Ebay offers.  Bootyshake
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=8809.msg47836#msg47836 date=1174671596]
Infopia still gives me more flexibility with shipping discounts than Ebay offers.   Bootyshake
[/quote]

:ditto: Marketworks.  They had promotional shipping in 2003--4 years later eBay finally gets around to offering it (not that I care because May will be the 1-year anniversary of our last listing on eBay  Toothy10 ).

Quote:For example, you could choose to offer "Free Shipping When You Spend $25!" or "Buy 3 items and shipping is only $5!"

We offer free shipping on orders over $100 on our websites and we also offer quantity discounts (buy 5 items get 10% off your order total).