TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: One-third of U.S. households have no Internet access and do not plan to get it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A little under one-third of U.S. households have no Internet access and do not plan to get it, with most of the holdouts seeing little use for it in their lives, according to a survey released Friday.

Park Associates, a Dallas-based technology market research firm, said 29 percent of U.S. households, or 31 million homes, do not have Internet access and do not intend to subscribe to an Internet service over the next 12 months...

Forty-four percent of these households say they are not interested in anything on the Internet, versus just 22 percent who say they cannot afford a computer or the cost of Internet service, the survey showed...

full article: http://www.informationweek.com/internet/...=198500549
Quote:Forty-four percent of these households say they are not interested in anything on the Internet, versus just 22 percent who say they cannot afford a computer or the cost of Internet service, the survey showed...

I would lay odds that it has more to do with the cost of technology than lack of interest. Which is a shame.

In the school district where I went to HS, each child receives a laptop of his own in kindergarten. Expensive, but wise.
Quote:I would lay odds that it has more to do with the cost of technology than lack of interest.

I think cost is the primary reason younger people don't have Internet access and lack of interest is the reason many older people don't want it.