TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: OAI Board MooTalk to Shut Down Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Thentavius, I hang out some here. The atmosphere is somewhat cleaner over here. Glad to see you here too. 

Someone forgot to pay the hosting bill tsk tsk--visitors to MooTalk's successor GoodTopics are being greeted by this message today:

Quote:This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.
Crybaby2

http://www.mad-cows.com/forums/showthrea...post393558

Quote:Many years of working on this site (over 3 years +) and watching it become a hotspot and quite a success for what it was intended for in the first place. Mad-Cows.com was never intended to be a "commercial" success despite what many might think it was or should have been intended.

In the past couple of months I have added lots of new features, and it's been great. I hope everyone enjoyed them. I was making a long term decision during the process and had fun adding the things.

However...

Mad-Cows.com really needs a LOT of attention to make it a greater success. While it has this potential to add thousands of new members and increase it's already heavy (at times) traffic it would require a lot of work.

I can't devote such time to it.

Don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed the fun and times here at the MC. Many of you are great people, and a lot of you are total assholes and fuckheads. Even more that aren't here anymore are just plain shitheads. I would love to devote time to the Great People, Fuckheads, and ShitHeads and get more of such people here.

I can't.

My professional life is a totally different and unrelated area. Even my hobbies don't coincide with this site. Add to that my health, and my family, and there just isn't enough time in the day to REALLY do justice for the MC.

I could just ignore the MC (move it back to shared settings and lower the monthly cost) and let it die a slow lingering death. That is what many "others" want to happen. It won't.

On October 1st, 2006 (thereabouts) I will shut down Mad-Cows.com completely. A few days after that I am going to completely wipe the databases, personal data, and all posts/threads. It will be "gone" forever.

Unless someone buys the MC (which I am not counting on or care they do), and even then I will still wipe it clean except for accounts (unless the membership requests otherwise) and then allow others to opt out, and make sure the new owner does nothing bad with the e-mail addresses or any personal information(not like it matters). Blah Blah Blah.

So, it's The End. The Saga is over. The drama, the bullshit, the lies, the truths, the deceptions, and the fuckwads.

I would suggest many of you trade e-mails, or perhaps sign up at GT (if not already) so that you can still stay in contact if you wish to do so.

For those of you that have supported me, and this site. A very heartfelt... Thank you. Definitely some great people here and I have enjoyed conversing with you.

For those that have sought to destroy this site and myself... fuck you and the jackass you rode in on. You motherfuckers can kiss my ass even before I wipe.

As for now folks, you can comment and say what you want and such. I am open for discussion, but I am done.

So...

Goodbye.

Farewell.

... and Amen.
Quote:Crazy Chicken Shutting Down Mad-Cows

Happy001
He won't shut it down any time soon, now. Bidville canned their own forums and the people needs a place ta talks!
I listed on BV maybe 2 years ago.  I DID sell 3 little things.  Whooptidoo.  :Smile

I absolutely never could figure out why their forums were so romper-room-ish.  I had never heard or seen such behavior from supposed adults.  It was SO childish that it wasn't even entertaining!  And the management spoke to them as though they were in kindergarten.  Their same emails that came in about every 2 months were the same way.  "We miss you". 

*barf*
Same here, Stardust. That's why Mad-Cows was so popular. It was essentially a bash-Bidville-all-the-time site.

I visited Mad Cows off and on a bout two years ago--but it got old. All they did was talk about Bidville. And Bidville just isn't that interesting. Big whoopitidoo.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=778.msg24752#msg24752 date=1159247775]
He won't shut it down any time soon, now. Bidville canned their own forums and the people needs a place ta talks!
[/quote]

Most of the "I Hate Bidville" crowd moved to the spinoff "I Hate Mad-Cows and Crazy Chicken" forum Mad-Bulls.com...from there many of them went back to the Bidville boards which might have something to do with Bidville's announcement.   ;D

Quote:Bidville canned their own forums

BV left a few of their boards open, but the ones where the most trouble occured were shut down.
Quote:Most of the "I Hate Bidville" crowd moved to the spinoff "I Hate Mad-Cows and Crazy Chicken" forum Mad-Bulls.com...

LMAO!
R.I.P. Mad-Cows

:chicken3:
Pages: 1 2