TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: SO Frustrated with Google Base / Froogle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=8911.msg48354#msg48354 date=1175293570]
They ARE showing up in Google Base, but not Froogle. Do I still have to do a separate Froogle feed these days?
[/quote]

No, everything goes to Base.

Upload them again if they're not showing up in Froogle. They should appear in both Base and Froogle.

Hmm, your 60 items are showing up on a site:pp.com search at Base but when I click on "see products" there are 0 which would explain why Froogle also has 0.  Check your feed file to make sure you specified products as the item type.
=========
Quote:Products

Results 1 - 10 of about 308,514,008

308 million products in Base :blinkie:
What is the column header? item_type?
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=8911.msg48367#msg48367 date=1175316275]
What is the column header? item_type?
[/quote]

product_type
http://base.google.com/base/products.html
thentavius,

If you're still having problems, do drop me a line.  I seemed to get ours to go through without much additional effort. 

Here are the atributes with their values (when applicable) that I used.  Order shouldn't matter.

link
title
description
price
image_link
id (SKU)
location (this was a new one for me... added our company's physical address in this format:  Company X, 220 Rugburn Ave, Hotpants, FL 60606)
brand - I used our web address: dewittco.com
condition - I used "used" for everything, but the format must be one of: new, used, or refurbished
expiration_date - in this format: 4/30/2007 (must be no more than 30 days from posting)
product_type - I used "antiques" for everything
currency - USD
payment_accepted - Check, Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress, PayPal
quantity
language - eng

I'd recommend doing away with every attribute you don't need that isn't required.  I dumped the following from the x-cart spreadsheet:

label
payment_notes
weight

Let me know if I can be of more help!

Cheers... and good luck!

(It took about 10 minutes to edit the x-cart spreadsheet, but much longer than the advertised "hour" for G to process it.)

***EDIT***
It should be noted that our products do not appear on Froogle yet, but are listed on Base.

***UPDATE***

Froogle STILL doesn't list any of our products that were uploaded to G Base yet...

No idea why...

Angryfire
Is anyone on the X-cart forum having the same problem?
[quote author=amy link=topic=8911.msg48693#msg48693 date=1175793084]
Is anyone on the X-cart forum having the same problem?
[/quote]

I haven't read anything like that, Amy.  I honestly don't think it's an x-cart issue (for me, anyhow... I'm not certain what errors thentavius is getting.).  The attribs. and values for our feed was nearly identical to the one I used before...

...EXCEPT!!....

The location attrib.  I stumbled upon a tidbit of info in the Google Base help files that specifically mention this attribute, and that when it is included, your products will only appear in Froogle Local.

http://base.google.com/support/bin/stati...shooter.cs&problem=b3a9d455157bdc1b&selected=4eda7aebfa394ae9&ctx=items_neverFroogle_45915

Funny, the only way I found this was after clicking on "contact us".

I uploaded a new feed this morning, I'll report how it goes.  As of right now, they're in "published - searchable soon" mode.

We'll see, but I'm quite certain this is the reason they were not appearing in Froogle.

Removing the "location" attribute did it... Items are now beginning to appear in Froogle.  Yeehaw..  Smile

Thumbsup
Pages: 1 2