TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: The Future of SEM (Search Engine Marketing): Meta Tags and Page Size Are Out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Off the top of my head I have come up with 5 things that WILL NOT matter in SEM in the future and 5 things that marketers should stay on top of.

Things that WILL NOT matter:

* Meta Tags: Meta Tags, especially the keywords version, are already losing their importance. Meta Description is still often used to distinguish site pages but I believe both types of Meta Tags will continually lose their SEO value.

* Page Size: The majority of Internet users are already using high speed connections and this number will continually increase, therefore to some extent page size won't matter.

* JavaScript Code: Very often SEOs will recommend externalizing JavaScript or removing it from a site's main navigation, however with search spiders continually getting smarter I feel spiders will eventually be able to comprehend various types of complex JavaScript code...

full article: http://www.webpronews.com/blogtalk/2007/...not-matter