TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Scientists create animals that are part-human
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:RENO, Nev. - On a farm about six miles outside this gambling town, Jason Chamberlain looks over a flock of about 50 smelly sheep, many of them possessing partially human livers, hearts, brains and other organs.

The University of Nevada-Reno researcher talks matter-of-factly about his plans to euthanize one of the pregnant sheep in a nearby lab. He can’t wait to examine the effects of the human cells he had injected into the fetus’ brain about two months ago.

“It’s mice on a large scale,” Chamberlain says with a shrug.

Article Link
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7681252/

:blinkie: :blinkie: :blinkie:

Quote:Particularly worrisome to some scientists are the nightmare scenarios that could arise from the mixing of brain cells: What if a human mind somehow got trapped inside a sheep’s head?

Quote:Mice with human brains
In January, an informal ethics committee at Stanford University endorsed a proposal to create mice with brains nearly completely made of human brain cells.

The Nevada sheep are 15% human.

I guess this is one way for Bush to achieve his goal of transforming the US electorate into a nation of sheep.
Quote:I guess this is one way for Bush to achieve his goal of transforming the US electorate into a nation of sheep.

:blinkie: Happy001

Quote:In January, an informal ethics committee at Stanford University endorsed a proposal to create mice with brains nearly completely made of human brain cells.

As a long time animal rights activist who is against lab testing of animals I'll refrain from commenting...  Angryfire