TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Using A/B split testing to increase your conversion rates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: By now you've probably heard of A/B split testing — or showing your customers different versions of the same pages to see what works — and like most time-strapped e-tailers, aren't sure exactly what's involved and how to tackle it.

When done correctly, A/B can help you increase your conversion rates, address problem pages and challenge your assumptions about how to optimize your site. While such testing can be complex to conduct, if you have command of the basics and stay focused on what you need to do for your small business, you can glean valuable information without too much effort...
Quote:He realized one particular page was performing poorly, so he set up an A/B split test, with four new versions of the same page. "I ran the test and in a short amount of time I had enough data to realize the one page I liked didn't do well at all," said Miotke. "But one version out-performed the old page by eight to two, meaning the old page got two orders, but the audience that saw this other version resulted in eight sales. You can see of all the people who went to a page, how many bought something, and that's what you want to see, the bottom line."

In another case, he wanted to see what image worked best on a page. "One particular picture and layout got 15 orders compared to 9 on the other page, that counts for a 68 percent conversion lift," said Miotke. "So based on that, we are designing our other pages to fit with that, with what our visitors selected as what worked."...

full article: http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/solutions...hp/3669231