TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Take my site... PLEASE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
New store front reviews wanted.

Comments, suggestions, bugs, quirks, stupid things I've overlooked.

Have a looksee:  http://dewittco.com/storefront/xcart/catalog/index.html

TANX!

BTW:  Credit to thentavius for giving me the idea of inserting the CC logos in the search bar.  Smile
Thumbsup
Congrats on getting your new site open! Here's my first impression comments for what they are worth  Toothy10

Search engines pick up keywords on my main page. Do you have enough? Maybe a description of what you sell with lots of the famous "content". I preferred having more pictures permanently on the main page over the rotating gallery. If the changing image doesn't catch the eye of the viewer will they stay to see what else you have? Plus, you can use alt image tags for maybe more keywords chances.

I know you are a guy, but I think the colors and fonts could be a little softer and not so techie for your product line. My first impression was, "Too dull".

Good luck. You were so encouraging when I first opened my site. I'll never forget it!! Kim
Quote:I preferred having more pictures permanently on the main page over the rotating gallery. If the changing image doesn't catch the eye of the viewer will they stay to see what else you have? Plus, you can use alt image tags for maybe more keywords chances.

:ditto:
FG, it's looking good! Thumbsup

Only 2 things that bothered me.
1. I agree with Kim and Regic about the product pics on your home page. Maybe use an image gallery there (Clic Pics, etc. would work)?
OR, you could use a product pic representing each of your categories as well.

2. On your product pages, the fluorescent  orange color(where you say "our price......" )isn't showing up very well on the mauvish background. It could just be me, but I could barely read it. Tard
You could try a fuchsia if you want it to stand out.

Btw, are you offering discounts to TT members? Toothy2

[quote author=regic link=topic=9027.msg48635#msg48635 date=1175712793]
Quote:I preferred having more pictures permanently on the main page over the rotating gallery. If the changing image doesn't catch the eye of the viewer will they stay to see what else you have? Plus, you can use alt image tags for maybe more keywords chances.

:ditto:
[/quote]

:ditto: :ditto: I'm not a big fan of slide shows. 

Quote:I think the colors and fonts could be a little softer

I think the colors look fine...of course I also think the purple and plum here look fine and many people hate TT's colors so you might want to ignore my opinion on anything to do with colors.  Big Grin
Thanks to all for the input!

[quote author=DecorativeDishes link=topic=9027.msg48633#msg48633 date=1175711585]
Search engines pick up keywords on my main page. Do you have enough? Maybe a description of what you sell with lots of the famous "content". I preferred having more pictures permanently on the main page over the rotating gallery. If the changing image doesn't catch the eye of the viewer will they stay to see what else you have? Plus, you can use alt image tags for maybe more keywords chances.
[/quote]

Hi Kim,

Wholeheartedly agree... most of our "content" resides on our static pages on, and linked from our home page at http://dewittco.com

The store front landing page has been a sore spot with me since I began the final stages of going live.  I just wasn't sure what to do with it.  I opted for the java slide show due to it's small size and relative ease of implementing.  I think what I'll end up doing is embed a static html frame in the center with a more visible "welcome" and product examples. 

My biggest problem is that I don't have a creative/artistic bone in my body, so I have to get my better half involved.  So, it's change code, "honey, take a look", change code, "honey, take a look", and so on, and so on.  Wink

[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=9027.msg48638#msg48638 date=1175715855]
FG, it's looking good! Thumbsup

Only 2 things that bothered me.
1. I agree with Kim and Regic about the product pics on your home page. Maybe use an image gallery there (Clic Pics, etc. would work)?
OR, you could use a product pic representing each of your categories as well.

2. On your product pages, the fluorescent  orange color(where you say "our price......" )isn't showing up very well on the mauvish background. It could just be me, but I could barely read it. Tard
You could try a fuchsia if you want it to stand out.

Btw, are you offering discounts to TT members? Toothy2
[/quote]

Bell, you hit another sore spot with me... the "our price" is the original font color by default, and I have yet to decide what is appropriate.  The "blaze red" went with the x-cart color scheme which was... shall we say... Really Pukey?  LOL

One more task added to the list!  Discounts will be offered, of course!  (stay tuned...)

So the big thing is the slide show for now.  I'll work on that this weekend and see what I come up with.

Thanks again for the input! 

Cheers
Quote:I think what I'll end up doing is embed a static html frame in the center with a more visible "welcome" and product examples.

This might work:

http://www.freeauctionscripts.com/crossp...n-tool.php

EDIT:

You can see an example of it in action here:
http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/au...AGE=MYHOME&USRID=7954620
Quote:This might work:

http://www.freeauctionscr...-cross-promotion-tool.php

I also used Matt's cross-promotion tool that Amy mentioned as the basis for my home page because I try to avoid learning html whenever possible. Kim
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=9027.msg48654#msg48654 date=1175731253]
I think the colors look fine...of course I also think the purple and plum here look fine and many people hate TT's colors so you might want to ignore my opinion on anything to do with colors.  Big Grin
[/quote]

Um I like the TT colors, considering they are the same ones on my site.
Laughing7
Pages: 1 2 3