TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Fall & Holiday Merchandise Now Available at The eBay Shop!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:**Fall & Holiday Merchandise Now Available at The eBay Shop*** 

October 11, 2005 | 09:32AM PST/PT

Get ready to stock up on your eBay gear! The eBay Shop ([off eBay web site link removed.  it is unsafe to buy items offered for purchase on off ebay web sites by sellers...RIGHT MEG???]) has all new products for the fall and holiday seasons. Make sure to check out our latest offerings of tees, hats and more. eBay apparel has never looked so good.

Remember - The eBay Shop is the destination for everything eBay!

How much is a years supply of Kool-Aid?

Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid  Smileykoolaid   
If eBay believes that either eBay Stores or ProStores are  quality ecommerce solutions why is their merchandise sold in a shop that doesn't use either platform?  :twistedevil:
[quote author=amy link=topic=789.msg3021#msg3021 date=1129226161]
If eBay believes that either eBay Stores or ProStores are  quality ecommerce solutions why is their merchandise sold in a shop that doesn't use either platform?  :twistedevil:
[/quote]

Because they know those "platforms" really SUCK. Toothy10
[quote author=xppman link=topic=789.msg3031#msg3031 date=1129241863]
[quote author=amy link=topic=789.msg3021#msg3021 date=1129226161]
[/quote]

Because they know those "platforms" really SUCK. Toothy10
[/quote]

The lack of a shopping cart in eBay Stores does make them really suck.  The big eBay logo at the top of the page doesn't help much either.  Laughing4
[quote author=amy link=topic=789.msg3067#msg3067 date=1129302414]
  The big eBay logo at the top of the page doesn't help much either.  Laughing4
[/quote]

Last year at this time I would have agreed. It is ugly and tales up space that could be used for selling. That was before I spent a lot of time and money building my off-ebay store. I am approaching 600 hits on the home page, (plus a bunch more that, for some reason, enter at index.php, a different page). That is not many customers for 5 months, but more significant is that there has not been a single sale. None.

I suspect that the aura of "safeness", illusion that it may be, is an important feature of that Ebay logo, and is very helpful in closing sales.
Quote:I suspect that the aura of "safeness", illusion that it may be, is an important feature of that Ebay logo, and is very helpful in closing sales.

eBay tells its users its safe, but the average online shopper isn't an eBay user and so they never hear those claims. I don't think the average online shopper believes eBay is a safe shopping zone.  70% of online shoppers never go near online auctions and one of the primary reasons they list on why they avoid them is fear of getting ripped off.

Do you accept credit cards directly on your site or only use PayPal?  I think one of the main reasons people who move from eBay to their own web sites have trouble getting sales is because they don't have a merchant account and many shoppers will head in the other direction if they're asked to give info to a 3rd party like PayPal. Under 10% of our non-eBay shoppers choose to use PayPal.
Quote:I suspect that the aura of "safeness", illusion that it may be, is an important feature of that Ebay logo, and is very helpful in closing sales.

Illusion is the KEY word here me thinks.  Lol

Quote:eBay tells its users its safe, but the average online shopper isn't an eBay user and so they never hear those claims. I don't think the average online shopper believes eBay is a safe shopping zone.  70% of online shoppers never go near online auctions and one of the primary reasons they list on why they avoid them is fear of getting ripped off.

Do you accept credit cards directly on your site or only use PayPal?  I think one of the main reasons people who move from eBay to their own web sites have trouble getting sales is because they don't have a merchant account and many shoppers will head in the other direction if they're asked to give info to a 3rd party like PayPal. Under 10% of our non-eBay shoppers choose to use PayPal.

I have to agree 200% with these statements above.
Sadly and  if I'm not mistaken. When one buys and item on ebay and is directed to PP by the ebay EOA e mail.

They MUST sign up with PP to pay. Another strong arm tactic that is VERY unethical IMO.
But I know how to get my customers around that.  I tell them “You DO NOT have to sign UP with PayPal to make a credit card payment. And many don’t even e mail and ask how. So many must already know how to get around that little bugger.

I'm still offering PP on ebay and a few other auction sites right now for the time being.
Want to get a good feel of my new MA before totally switching over.

Probably wait until after the first of the year or if that REAL BIG order I sent out recently (that PAID via PP)
comes back to bite me. Those items were delivered yesterday with Sig. Confirmation and I followed the bogus PP SPP by the letter. So if it comes back in any way.
PP will be  Tongue8 the loss and I’ll take their sorry A$$es to court and make
them PROVE their case.

Darn. I used to love PP until ebay bought them and shoved them down everyone's throat.

Yeah, I can't justify a merchant account at this level, so I run it through Paypal. I post that logo with the credit card pictures and the Pay Pal name, state everywhere that they do not have to join anything and it is free. But nobody has dumped a cart, either. Seems like if PP was the problem they would bug out when they are sent there.

I have had very few Froogle on-ebay sales - like 2 - and adwords really sucked for me. It is a thin niche, I guess. Maybe when Google lets me out of the sandbox.....
Pages: 1 2