TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Turkish lawmakers move to block Web sites deemed insulting to national founder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A parliamentary commission approved a proposal Thursday allowing Turkey to block Web sites that are deemed insulting to the founder of modern Turkey, weeks after a Turkish court temporarily barred access to YouTube.

Parliament plans to vote on the proposal, though a date was not announced. The proposal indicates the discomfort that many Turks feel about Western-style freedom of expression, even though Turkey has been implementing widespread reforms in its bid to join the European Union.

On Thursday, lawmakers in the commission also debated whether the proposal should be widened to allow the Turkish Telecommunications Board to block access to any sites that question the principles of the Turkish secular system or the unity of the Turkish state _ a reference to Web sites with information on Kurdish rebels in Turkey...

full article: http://www.smh.com.au/news/Technology/Tu...26845.html
And how is this relevant to eCommerce? OK, from now on, I'll look to TulipTools as my number one source for information regarding laws protecting the founder of Modern Turkey from insult.
[quote author=misteroriginal link=topic=9063.msg48853#msg48853 date=1175926704]
And how is this relevant to eCommerce? OK, from now on, I'll look to TulipTools as my number one source for information regarding laws protecting the founder of Modern Turkey from insult.
[/quote]

Trolling again, O? 8)

Did you take note of the forum in which this story resides?  Icon_scratch  No? It is in the forum entitled General Global Internet and International Trading Discussion.

It is relevant because it indicates a possible internet trend. Trends affect everyone who uses the internet, including ecommerce owners.
Oh! Now I understand! I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat while this story plays out.
[quote author=misteroriginal link=topic=9063.msg48883#msg48883 date=1175964570]
Oh! Now I understand! I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat while this story plays out.
[/quote]

Good to hear it. Make yourself comfy............ Sunny
Ataturk was a dirty, rotten, chicken plucker, by the way.