TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Member Showcase: PlasticPumpkin Etsy Shop**ACEO Black Cat in the Grass Garden OR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop

ACEO Black Cat in the Grass Garden ORIGINAL Watercolor Art Card on Yupo

Original, hand painted ACEO by Ren Adams
"Black Cat in the Grass"

-watercolor on Yupo paper
Size: 3 1/2" x 2 1/5"

This naughty, curious kitty stalks unseen prey through backyard grass. His ears are alert and he's partially concealed by the wavering fronds.

This lighthearted ACEO was done on on Yupo paper, with pen & ink embellishments. Best of all, this Yupo is also recycled from a previous brush painting I did--so the back still shows some of the plum blossom piece (for added interest)!

I dig Yupo paper. If you're not already a fan, Yupo is a special type of polypropylene sheet which has a velvety finish and a supple, yet sturdy feel. It's not quite like any paper you've ever touched (it's satiny and oddly thick).

I used traditional European watercolors on my Yupo ACEO cards, in a figurative style. I worked with color and flow, letting the brush and smooth Yupo dictate the organic nature of each line.

Back is signed and dated. ACEO will be shipped in a sturdy, archival sleeve.

What does ACEO mean?
---------------------------
ACEO stands for "Art card editions and originals," a special type of collectible art size. ACEOs are "art trading cards"; matching the size of other typical trading cards and credit cards. Artists create small format originals or limited edition prints, which makes collecting a wide range of work totally possible and affordable.

This is an ORIGINAL work, not a print.

Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5705075