TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Member Showcase: PlasticPumpkin Etsy Shop**Bamboo under Pink Sky Hibiscus Tea Wash Original Brush Pa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop:

Bamboo under Pink Sky Hibiscus Tea Wash Original Brush Painting

Original Chinese Brush Painting
by Ren Adams

Size: 3 1/2" x 7"
"Bamboo under Pink Sky 1"

This interesting, abstract Bamboo under pink sky painting is finished with a Hibiscus tea wash (giving the natural rice paper a radiant pink glow). The original rice paper was white before I gave it a wash (using traditional methods).

In the images I show the finished work, as well as my brush painting workspace and a tea wash in process (those two cups of liquid aren't old coffee--they're my special tea brews used to add washes to traditional brush paintings). :-)

The rice paper painting is mounted with archival adhesives o n a heavy pieces of recycled (acid free) watercolor paper.

Sold unframed.

About Chinese Brush Painting
----------------------------
Similar to its descendant Japanese sumi painting, traditional Chinese brush painting is an exercise of the mind. It requires peace, calm, focus, and serendipity.

It was originally taught to students of Taoism, as a way to meditate on paper.

I try to use the traditional practice, as closely as possible. You only get to do each stroke ONCE. You can't go back and touch things up, so each painting has an immediacy and liveliness to it that can't be "canned"

Hand-ground inks are used with specialty brushes, on natural white rice paper.

Buy this item now at PlasticPumpkin's Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5704843