TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PlunderHere and AlsoShop: A Web of Privacy Violations, Backstabbing, and Deceit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Smileywelcome

I can't find a PlunderHere auction discussion here so I started this one. I call PlunderHere home and think it is great. No fee for auction listings, stores, and  there are forums with contest and mystery box auctions. Feel free to check it out at www.plunderhere.com

the Dragon
PlunderHere is holding a Referral Contest from April 15 thru May 15. Lots of prizes and a $5 site credit for every referral that registers. See more on this contest at: http://www.plunderhere.com/forums/viewto...8155#18155

the Dragon
Hi everyone,
I would like to invite everyone over to PlunderHere.com and enjoy our new contest. There are great prizes and site credits to be had. It is Happening on PlunderHere.

[Image: apr15-may15referralcontest.gif]

the Dragon
So, Dragon, tell us more about Plunder. Are you an owner? Icon_scratch
No, BellisimaJ., I am not an owner. I am, however, the contest coordinator. PlunderHere is an auction site that I call home. What drew me here is the great customer service. There is a real time online help center. The people and staff are just awesome in answering questions quickly and completely. We are new, so to speak, and are constantly upgrading the site. We have two listers, one uses cvs files for bulk upload and another, powerlister, that can be used offline.

It is free to list, free stores and a small 2.5% fvf. So I find it to be cost effective. There are contest, like the one I just mentioned, where you can earn great prizes and site credits. There is a forum for all to use to meet and share information.

This is just a few, very few, things about PlunderHere I like. PlunderHere is Making It Happen for you. Hope this helps.

the Dragon
Eye on The Little Guy: PlunderHere Profile

Putting a focus on selling, community involvement and fun, this week we take a look at online auction Web site, PlunderHere.com. Suzanne Kenney, president and owner of PlunderHere, launched this online auction venue in mid 2005. She already owned the domain name, which matched her eBay name at the time, and wanted to produce a site that promoted something she felt eBay had lost over the years — a sense of community for online sellers.

For sellers interested in listing on PlunderHere, the auction site offers a clean-cut interface with quick and easy access to auction or fixed-price listings, an eBay feedback importer, as well as a newly released Power Lister. This is in addition to the standard auction features you expect to see on sites these days. PlunderHere offers its sellers free listing, free reposting, and free image hosting and image previews.

To see the rest of the article
http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/essential...hp/3666086

This might help explain some about PlunderHere as well

the Dragon
The auction critic has arrived. Smile

They switched from phpProBid to RScript since the last time I looked at them...which means that all of the Rscript related glitches that Wagglepop sellers complained about will also be present on PlunderHere (and every other site running the same software).

The private domain registration annoys me too (Auctionbytes is also annoyed by private WHOIS)  just like WP's private registration annoys me and for the same reasons.

In terms of infrastructure, they actually have less than WP because there are 16 other sites hosted on that same IP address:

[edit]
publicly available list of 16 domain names/websites  hosted on same IP as plunderhere removed by request...  in its place I'm providing this link for the benefit of auction site owners whose advertising consists of forum posts on various OAI forums/the eBay boards, etc.: http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...276.0.html
[/edit]
What I do know about above post is there is really no comparison to WP. Being an xpooper and having threads disappear quicker than I could post, it is quite the opposite on PlunderHere. I know the staff bends over backwards to answer questions and implement upgrades that the users have requested. I know that after having auctioned off my store on WP  (well Karay actually pulled my auction), that PlunderHere is where I went and Here I stay. The customer service and peeps here can't be beat as far as friendly and upbeat.

the Dragon
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=9139.msg49511#msg49511 date=1176579967]
The auction critic has arrived. Smile

They switched from phpProBid to RScript since the last time I looked at them...which means that all of the Rscript related glitches that Wagglepop sellers complained about will also be present on PlunderHere (and every other site running the same software).

The private domain registration annoys me too (Auctionbytes is also annoyed by private WHOIS)  just like WP's private registration annoys me and for the same reasons.

In terms of infrastructure, they actually have less than WP because there are 16 other sites hosted on that same IP address:

Quote:removed

[/quote]

Hi

I am the owner of PlunderHere and all those domains you posted above are my domains and a couple of them are friends/family members. Some of those are projects my kids work on and I am sorry I must request that they not be posted in a public manner like this. I also stand behind my right to keep my domain information  private. I do not allow my personal information to be displayed on my domains whois for my saftey. Not because I have anything to hide, but because I have a family and well people like to snoop and cause trouble.

I am sorry that many have experienced what they have with WagglePop. I am not fully sure what all everyone has experienced cause I don't keep up to date on it. Please also know that WP is using an outdated version of the rscript and not the current version. Also I have a programmer that has been hard at work fixing and addressing bugs and/or requested features as they come in. In fact we just released a bunch of great features and much needed bug fixes. We have more on the list for future upgrades to the site. We even have a wonderful Power Lister making listing on the site much faster.

I have no issue with providing anyone information that contacts me and requests it. I just hope you can understand my desire to keep my information private. I do realize there are people that use the fact of someone not displaying their whois information as a reason to register or not to register on a auction site. I am willing to take that risk because the safety and security of my family comes first.

When I first started working on PlunderHere people began to find ways to cause trouble for me, and yes that is sad to say that people do these things but they do. I have put a lot work and money into PlunderHere, maybe not as much money as some other sites, but I continue to keep adding and enhancing and most importantly at PlunderHere we LISTEN. I was a eBay powerseller for many years and wanted to start a site to have the member's voice heard again and not forgotten.

If you would like to take a moment to read my founding letter from when I started PlunderHere please read it here:
http://www.plunderhere.com/auction/cgi-b...p?cmd=view&pages=our_letter

I will end with kindly asking that you please remove that list of domain names. My server is a dedicated server and I have it hosted under my 4comhosting.com domain. I hope I don't sound harsh, I just panic'd when I saw my kids domain names listed in manner where people will be going and further investigating on them.

Suzanne
Site Admin
PlunderHere.com
Email admin@plunderhere.com
Does anyone remember the vultures that overran the WP 1 forum at FAS after WP 1 closed and spammed the hell out of FAS?

http://web.archive.org/web/2005061602545...um-29.html