TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: ZenCart Checkout Without An Account Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It works.  :turkey1:  I just finished installing it on 6 sites (2 v1.37 and 4 v1.35 stores).

mod Wiki pages: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/C...ut_Account
download: http://dev.schilzhaus.com/COWOA/IntegratedCOWOAbeta.zip

The mod instructions are for v1.37. To install it on 1.35 you need to add the following steps in blue (installation of the the split panel mod is also required for 1.35/1.36):

1. install the split panel login mod.  Available here: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_p...ad_contrib&contrib_id=169&update_id=5
2.  a. install the checkout without account mod following the mod instructions (found in the install/overides-write.txt file). 
    b1. make the first change suggested in auxiliaryreadme.txt to /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_no_account.php
   b2.  ignore the instructions for the changes to /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_checkout_success_default.php and instead just add the following code to the bottom of the template
Code:
<!--bof logoff-->
<div id="checkoutSuccessLogoff">
<?php
if ($_SESSION['COWOA']) {
  zen_session_destroy();
} else {
  if (isset($_SESSION['customer_guest_id'])) {
    echo TEXT_CHECKOUT_LOGOFF_GUEST;
  } elseif (isset($_SESSION['customer_id'])) {
    echo TEXT_CHECKOUT_LOGOFF_CUSTOMER;
  } ?>
<div class="buttonRow forward"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_LOG_OFF , BUTTON_LOG_OFF_ALT); ?></a></div>
<?php } ?>
</div>
<!--eof logoff-->

c. and d. install the ordersteps and order_status mods found in the mod's add_ons directory
    e. (for superorders users): make the changes suggested on the checkout mod's wiki page
3.  add the following code to the language defines:

/includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/login.php

Code:
define('HEADING_RETURNING_CUSTOMER_SPLIT', 'Returning Customers');

/includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/checkout_success.php

Code:
define('TEXT_CHECKOUT_LOGOFF_GUEST', 'NOTE: To complete your order, a temporary account was created. You may close this account by clicking Log Off. Clicking Log Off also ensures that your receipt and purchase information is not visible to the next person using this computer. If you wish to continue shopping, feel free! You may log off at anytime using the link at the top of the page.');
define('TEXT_CHECKOUT_LOGOFF_CUSTOMER', 'Thank you for shopping. Please click the Log Off link to ensure that your receipt and purchase information is not visible to the next person using this computer.');

/includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/button_names.php

Code:
define('BUTTON_LOG_OFF_ALT', 'Log out');
define('BUTTON_IMAGE_LOG_OFF', 'button_logout.gif');

create a logoff button, name it button_logout.gif and upload it to:
/includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/buttons/english/

I am trying out the new Mod, and have an issue, you show files in the" \override\include\english\your templete". On my install of zen these files are 1 level up in the "english" folder?  How do I proceed, I need to modify my files to ensure I dont trip over another mods changes..  any ideas.
Quote:I am trying out the new Mod, and have an issue, you show files in the" \override\include\english\your templete". On my install of zen these files are 1 level up in the "english" folder

You'd make a copy of the /language/english files and place the copy in the /language/english/yourtemplate directory.  You'd make the modifications to the new copied file only.

You'd do the same thing with files that are only in the template_default/common and template_default/templates directory.  Copy the files to yourtemplate/common and yourtemplate/templates and then modify the new files.

That's good news!

That was one of my biggest turn-offs for zen.

Cheers!
Quote:That's good news!

I'm enjoying it.  It's too early to tell whether it will have a measurable effect on reducing abandoned carts.

Quote:That was one of my biggest turn-offs for zen.

It was the only thing I didn't like about Zen.
Quote:It's too early to tell whether it will have a measurable effect on reducing abandoned carts.

6 months later...

CWOA has reduced the percentage of abandoned carts but most people still create an account (possibly because they receive a 5% off coupon if they register).  BuySafe has actually had a larger effect on our sales (in the form of higher average order amounts and a reduction in abandoned carts) than CWOA